~Imagine 21~It's Where My Demons Hide

A/N: So, the last Imagine I posted was pretty bad, so here's another one! This one was a request, so I hope you like it, Enchancer97, and everyone else :3

You sit alone in the dark, shivering at the cold chill that envelops you. You had fallen into a severe case of depression and it wasn't a nice thing..

You had fought and fought for so long, but finally, the pain and sadness got to you. You felt like you couldn't do anything, that there was no point is living anymore. You'd started self-harm and had been starting to do it more often.

Suddenly, you hear a knock on the door. "Y/N? Are you there?" It was your friend, Adam.

You and Adam had met through a mutual friend, and the two of you instantly clicked. You did heaps of stuff together, especially since he only lived a 10 minute walk away. You don't respond, and his knocking gets louder.

Finally, you slump over to the door and open it. Adam looks at you his eyes wide, almost as if he hadn't expected you to come to the door."What do you want?" You say bluntly, not in the mood for Adam's shenanigans.

Adam glances down and speaks softly. "I just...well, I wanted to come say hi. I haven't seen you in weeks."

"I've been busy." You reply monotonously. Before you could lure him away, he barges in past you and frowns.

"It's so dark in here! Seriously, Y/N, you should open your curtains!" Adam grumbles as he starts pulling the curtains open. You shut your eyes and cover them with your hands. You hadn't seen the sunlight for the past few days. You hadn't felt like going outside at all...

Adam looks over and his voice fills with disappointment. "Y/N...y-you've been..." He walks over and gently grabs your wrists, examining them closely. He pushes his glasses up the rim of his nose as they begin to slide off and he shakes his head. "How could you hurt yourself like this?"

"You don't understand..." You start, but before you can continue, Adam sits down next to you and wraps you up in a hug. You sit there in shock for a few moments before hugging him back, and burying your face into his chest.

"You listen to me," He whispers gently in your ear. "You are loved and needed here, so don't ever let thoughts of suicide or harm cross your mind." He pulls away from you and looks into your eyes. "Y/N, you're smart, funny, talented, and beautiful inside and out. The devil is trying to lure you away from this beautiful planet; away from me. I don't want you to go, so promise me something. Promise me that you'll stop hurting yourself. You shouldn't do that to yourself." He picks up your arms and softly kisses your right wrist, then your left.

"You really think all of those things about me?" You whisper quietly. Tears filling your eyes.

"Of course I do. And whatever is happening in your life, you can always talk to me about it and I'll always be here to support you, ok?" Adam looks at you, a small smile on his face. The look he gives you is genuine, and you know you can trust his word.

This time, you hug him and whisper. "Thank you so much, Adam."

Adam strokes your hair gently and you sit there until the sun goes down, enjoying each others company.