33.

"So their okay?" Mom asked as she laid the table for dinner.
"Yeah they talked last night and have agreed to stay 'friends'." I said passing her the cutlery. She sucked her teeth. "I know, but its better than what we thought." She nodded. "What about you mom? What with dad and all that?" She thought about lying I could see it on her face.
"I guess it's harder than I thought it would be. I hid behind my feelings for your dad. I never had time to grieve for James, I just pushed it away. Its hit me now." I nodded squeezing her arm.

"Hey aunt." Harry said sitting down at the table.
"Dinner wont be ready for a bit." She said checking the turkey.
"Yeah I know. I just...I wanted to ask you about my parents. I know it might be upsetting but I feel like I dont know them at all." Mom smiled tightly. She sat down.
"Of course harry, I'd be delighted." I quickly left the room.
"Merry Christmas kid!" Dad said jumping the last few stairs.
"Merry Christmas dad." I said giving him a hug. He kissed my curls. He smelt of Remus.
I smiled, pulling back. "Have you seen the boys?" I asked pulling the sleeves of my jumper down a little more.
"Outside I think, their playing quiditch." He said rubbing his eyes. I thanked him and rushed out into the brisk morning. Ron was in keeper position while the others took shots at the makeshift goal. Ginny was winning. George jumped down, coming over.
"Hey love." He said kissing my cheek.
"Hey, how is everyone?" I said shifting in the cold. The hand knitted sweater feeling soft against my skin.
"Okay, a lot better than I thought. James made him laugh so..." George glanced back at the others. "Are you okay?" He asked suddenly. "I heard you lock yourself in the bathroom last night." I shrugged. His eyes flickered to my face.
"I didnt mean to." I said a little tear escaping my eye. "I was just so worried. About everything." He gently took my arm rolling up my jumper. He brought it to his mouth and kissed it gently.
"Please stop, you cant keep doing this to yourself. I love you, Fred loves you James loves. Everyone loves you dahli, just talk to us instead." I nodded weakly. "Come on let's go inside." He said seeing my goosebumps.
"But you havent finished..." I started.
"I was losing anyway." George said taking my hand. I smiled, standing in my tip toes to kiss him.
"I dont know what I'd do without you." George grinned.
"Love you too."

~~~

Somehow at dinner me and George got separated I ended up sat at the end with Fred. "Freddie, pass me the potatoes?" He smiled handing me the bowl.
"Guess who won the second quiditch match?" He said ruffling his hair.
"Ginny." I said without missing a beat.
"Oh the faith you have in me." I smirked. There was a pause. "Okay she did, but I was so close." I laughed. Remus was sat across from us, he looked tired. I counted the days in my head. Full moon tonight. Mom and dad were talking quietly. She looked stressed.
Mom what's wrong? I hissed.
"I love how you sound when you do that." Fred said spooning more veg into his mouth. I shot him a smile.
We're trying to think of something to help Harry. She replied not taking her eyes of dads face. I gulped.
Remus put his fork down.
"This happened before." Me and Fred could barely hear him so we leaned closer. "Someone younger got entered. And they allowed an older student to assist them. But as there's two from Hogwarts..."
"Harry was entered under a false school name." Fred said.
"I could do it." The whole table went quiet. Harry looked nervous. "I could do it." I repeated.
"No." Dad said firmly.
"But think about it. I've dealt with more pain than anyone. I know more about life, spells from my time connected to mom. Dad if mom could do it you'd let her right?" He nodded slowly. "We're practically the same person. And there might be a chance I could."
"But that changes all the rules of the game." George said paling. "Doesnt it become harder on the two?" Remus nodded.
"Eighty years ago the first case of this happened. Brother and sister went in. The older one had to complete each task, either twice or with twice the amount of stuff to do. In return they could go with the younger one in their turn."
"What happened at the end?" James asked.
"They both lived." Was all he said.
"You dont have to Dali." Harry said. I gently reached over Fred and pulled down his jumper, reveling the scar from the dragon that would never leave his body.
"You did so well that day. But two and three will only he harder. I can help you. Okay? We're in this together."
"But your not even of age to enter yourself." Dad tried.
"I'll talk to Dumbledore." Mom said her face in a grim expression.
I'll be alright. I said.
I know.