Chapter 9 - Lost Memories

"Come with us, Amanda." Robert repeated as I was staring at Freddie. He pulled me by my hand and I faced forward, blushing.

"Sorry, I just wanted a good look at him. He seems... Interesting."

They looked at each other with warm smiles, and both took my hands and led me out into the garden lodge of the house. Everything was stunning- the sun was shining brightly and everybody seemed so happy. In front of me was a giant white marble fountain, spitting out water, in many thin streams, into a wide, deep mote surround it.

As I got closer I gazed upon the pink, white, red, orange, gold, and black koi fish that swam gracefully through it. Leaning over it, I placed a finger tip in the water, and the koi kissed, and nipped it lovingly. It made the three of us giggle.

"This used to be your favorite place to be. Whenever you were missing from your room, we would always find you here, feeding and caring for the koi and keeping them company." Robert smiled

"Robert, do you recall that half purple, half silver koi fish she found in the river?" Jimmy bursts

"OH JIMMY! How could I forget? Amanda, you found a beautiful, and rare koi fish one night, and you came to Freddie at night begging him if you could capture it from the river for the mote. He did come with you, and you took it to the mote, with him by your side. He should still be there."

I curiously looked about around the mote for the rare koi they spoke of, and behold, I saw it, circling back to face me. I looked into his eyes for a moment before he came to the surface, hoping to kiss my finger. So I gave him my finger, and he did so.

"It's amazing how these koi communicate." I smile towards Jimmy and Robert "I can actually feel the happiness of this one."

"Yes. This one loves you. Ever since you went away, he would look at everyone who passed by. If it wasn't you, he would splash them with water. He must sense that it's you."

"That's touching..." I look back down at the koi, who was still looking up at me through the water. I'd move my finger around in the pond for him to follow, and it made me laugh.

"Shall we keep going?" Robert asked

"Sure... Goodbye little koi. Go and play with your friends."

The koi seemed to understood, for he turned around and started tailing another fish. The sight impressed me.

Robert and Jimmy led me past villages, where the people gasped from the distance. Some even came to me, stunned. Either, they noticed the horns, or maybe they were lucky to see me alive and back. Either way, I didn't know any of these people. But I was happy to see so many people effected by my presence.

"This is where you went to school. Dr. Dragonsyn was your only teacher. You took Photography, The Study of Earths Wonders, Chorus, and Arts. But your favorite class was the Earths Wonders. The Universe, in particular. You were always so fascinated by what could be out there... It was a lovely sight."

"What do you mean, 'were'? I still am! The world is so small, but the universe is so big, and we are just one universe in a whole cluster of... Who knows how many! There's got to be life out there, somewhere! We just aren't searching enough to find it!"

They both look at me as my smile grew, and eyes glistened. A tear rolled down both of their eyes as they sighed, almost blissfully.

"You're right, Amanda. There really is no telling what's out there." Jimmy replied, looking down with shining eyes.

"Is it a good time to go see the teachers?"

"No, I don't think so. They have classes right now." Robert shrugged.