III - sparks

Zahara ⚕

That night I did not get much sleep.

At around 4 am I give up and just get out of bed. The whole house is dead silent as I walk through the hallway to the kitchen. I stumble into the dark room and feel my way over to the fridge, trying to be as quite as possible.

I reach forward to grab the handle, and pull the door open. The bright light is blinding, after a few seconds the items in the fidge become visable, instead of just being a blur. I'm so glad that my father had gone shopping earlier, we barely had any food before.

I search the fridge for anything good. Corn, lettuce, more corn, ham, more.. corn? My father really likes corn.

Is that what I think it is?

I reach forward to take the delicious food out of the fridge, just holding the food makes me feel ecstatic. As I peel back the wrapper, I become more impatient and hurrily open the food. I break off a piece and take a large bite out of the amazing food.

Chocolate is exactly what I need.

I break off a whole row and place the rest back into the fridge, I close the doors and move away. I try to find my way out of the kitchen in complete darkness. As I hold my chocolate lightly in one hand, I use my other to guide my way.

Just as I reach the hallway, I bump into the dinner table and as I look down, I can barely notice my hogwarts letter. I take the letter in my other hand and make my way back to my bedroom, my steps being as quiet as a mouse. I take another bite of my chocolate.

When I quietly close the door behind myself, I turn on the light and walk over to my bed. As I prop myself onto my bed, I hold tightly onto the letter, to then notice, there were another two sheets.

As I let my eyes skim down the page, I realized that one sheet was my book list, and the other was a list of items needed for my classes. My eyebrows furrowed together at realization at how ridicoulous these school items were.

"First years are not permitted to buy their own brooms. The school shall provide ones from the Quidditch team." I read out loud, wondering if the Witches at Hogwarts were like the stereotypical sort of witches who cackle and make potions.

"Each student MUST own a number of the following, depending on how many listed bellow. One wand, One set of scales, One cauldron, and each student shall either own one of the following. A cat, owl or frog, and if you would like, mice are allowed."

I begin to think about it, wondering what pet I may choose. Most likely an owl, just like the one that delivered my letter, as I believe they are quite unique, like me.

"School begins on the 1st of September, and all students MUST be on board of the Hogwarts Express no later the 11:00am." My stomace drops as I realize the 1st of September is only two days away.

I quickly but quietly slide through the corridors and peak into my brothers bedroom. I feel so creepy doing this, but I have too many questions to be answered. I slowly walk over to my brothers bed and stare down at his almost lifeless body, you would think that he was dead if it wasn't for the rise and fall of his chest.

"Denis? Denis wake up" I whisper as I shake his arm.

Nothing.

"Denis come on, get up, I need to ask you something" I say much louder.

He starts talking into his pillow which sounds like muffled noise and rolls over onto his other side.

Thats it.

I take a pillow from the ground and rise it above my head, getting ready to smack him in the face. Suddenly his body raises and lunges forward at me. I quickly move back just in time and my brother falls straight onto the floor. He raises his head in confusion.