1 - The Burger

It was a Monday and you were on your way home from school. The day had been rather exhausting as you had had one of the biggest exams of your school life so far and the fact that you had forgotten to take your lunch that morning wasn't helping it either. You normally didn't eat that much in a day, so it was nothing new for you but right now you were starving.

As you entered a tunnel your stomach growled. You stopped moving altogether as you realized the growl had been so loud that it was now echoing in the small tunnel. "Guess I really am hungry," you muttered to yourself as you continued on your way home.

You only had time to take a couple steps when you felt your stomach grumbling again. Grabbing your tummy, you slightly cowered as you felt the pain caused by the hunger. "Gosh, I really gotta eat something, fast," you said as you look up. Immediately your eyes locked with two golden arches on top of a pole next to a green-roofed building. "That'll do," you muttered and started walking towards the fast food restaurant.

The way to the restaurant seemed surprisingly long but that's most likely because of the hunger you were feeling. When you finally opened the door the familiar smell of the fries dipped in oil and greasy beef filled your lungs. Taking a quick whiff of the air you sighed in pleasure. Soon your hunger would be relinquished.

Even when inside the steps you took toward the line were long and painful, but you finally reached it. Hopefully this won't take too long, you thought as you glanced around the rather packed restaurant. While waiting in the line you stomach growled a couple times more causing some glances to be sent your way, but you really didn't mind that much. What's there to say? You were hungry!

It was finally your turn and the person working the counter turned their gaze to you and greeted you with, "Hello, and welcome to McDonald's, what can I get you?"

Shit. I didn't really think about that, you thought to yourself. Quickly looking through the menu above you your gaze landed on an advertisement for something called a Travis Scott Meal and considering there was already a line formed behind you, you wanted to order fast. "Um, I'll have a, Travis Scott Meal," you said to the cashier who quickly typed in your order.

"You want anything else with that?" the cashier asked you in an all too kind tone, but you simply shook your head. "Are you dining here or do want this to go?"

"Um," you started and glanced around the restaurant which was still rather packed. Not wanting to sit alone you quickly made up your mind and turned to the cashier, "Takeout."

"That'll be six-dollars," they smiled to you and you quickly whipped out your debit card placing it on the contactless pay device which beeped to confirm your payment was received. "We'll bring your food to your table in a moment."

You took the tray with the order number and walked off to an empty booth near the door. Taking out your phone you scrolled through your Instagram feed until eventually it came to an end. Sighing you looked out the window and watched the people scroll by. What's taking so long? you thought and like magic right then an employee walked over to you and placed a bag on the table in front of you.

"One Travis Scott Meal. It's lit!" they said and grabbed the tray from the table. "Enjoy your meal!" they smiled before walking off.

Did they just say, "it's lit"? you thought as you looked after the employee. Whatever. "Thank you," you said back even though they were already so far away that they most likely couldn't hear you. Getting up you took the bag and walked outside. Quickly looking around you noticed an empty bench nearby and decided it would be the perfect place to enjoy your meal.

"Finally," you sighed as you sat down and opened the paper-bag. Taking out the burger box form the bag the smell became clearer. It smelled so... good.

You opened up the box around the burger and could've sworn and angelic glow was shining to it from the heavens. Closing your eyes smelled it. Never in your life had you smelled anything like it. "It's so... divine," you smiled and opened your mouth.

Your taste buds tingled as they took in all the new tastes. The way the pickles complimented the cheese and the cheese complimented the lettuce! And how that same lettuce complimented the patty which the complimented the bacon! It was all so... heavenly!

Is this what sicko mode feels like? you thought as you went in for a second bite. The second bite was even better than the first one. The taste you had grown to love during your first bite was now familiar to you and even though you had only eaten it second ago you were already missing it.

Slurping down the second bite you soon found yourself enjoying the third then the fourth and soon you didn't know how many bites you had taken. Moaning in pleasure as you gulped down the burger you could've sworn that had there been families around you the parents would've been covering their children's eyes and ears.

The last piece of the burger was in your hand, it's angelic glow slowly fading into eternity. As you looked at the remnants of the thing that had made you feel more than anything or anyone ever you smiled. "Come here," you said and shoved the last bite into your mouth. Savoring its taste for a moment before sending it down into your gullet you smiled with satisfaction.

From the bag you took out the fries and the BBQ sauce which you managed to eat rather quickly. The fries were just the perfect thing to calm you down following the holy experience of the burger and the BBQ sauce complimented them nicely.

The bag was almost empty at that point and you brought out the last item of the meal. The Sprite with extra ice. Placing the straw between your lips you sucked and soon the cold beverage was filling your mouth. But soon all that was gone as well and only the packaging was left.

Sighing in satisfaction you let a burp escape from your mouth and a smile creeped on your face. "Goddamn that was so good," you quietly said to yourself and sighed. Never in your life had you imagined that you would experience something so heavenly.

Getting up from the bench you smiled as you continued on your way to your home.