#3: Forgotten Embers

Forgotten Embers: Observed Expertism

  👢💋  👢💋  👢💋  👢💋  👢💋  👢💋  👢💋  👢💋  👢💋  👢💋  👢💋  👢💋  👢💋

What a breath of fresh air this story was. Finally, we managed to find a book with a decent amount of effort. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I bring you Forgotten Embers by GnomeArmada!

1. Professional Airs

To be honest, i wasn't expecting much from this. After all, having reviewed to disappointing efforts back to back had lowered my expectations. And what a good thing that was, for the surprise that followed after reading Forgotten Embers was definitely a delightful shock that managed to keep my attention while i read the book. 

The author managed to write in beautiful prose that attracts whoever picks up Embers and keeps them turning its pages. Indeed, the book is filled with descriptive words that paint a vivid image of its magical world and the characters that dwell in it. The book contained little to no grammatical errors, atleast up to the part i had read. Yes, i did not finish the book although I was so happy with it, at first. But then it started to show a little bitsy decline...

  🎭🎨  🎭🎨  🎭🎨  🎭🎨  🎭🎨  🎭🎨  🎭🎨  🎭🎨  🎭🎨  🎭🎨  🎭🎨  🎭🎨

2. That Prologue   

Now, as I understand it from the parts I had read, the story takes place in a fantastical world. This, as most other fantasy books, mean that we are yet to be introduced into heavy world building. This, of course, has it's admirers and aficionados, but it also has its despisers. After all, some people will find the task of being revealed a large universe with sophisticated rules a magic items and weird, made up names a very daunting and boring task. And the prologue fails to lessen this irritating factor. The author starts of their prologue by introducing us to their fantastical world and its 'magical system' and its history, and they take a while in doing so. That was a very boring and lifeless start to the book, and I would have cast the book away if it were not for the obligation of reviewing it. That is how the prologue made me feel. Then again, some enjoy this kind of stuff. I would say the author has to balance that.

   🧥👕🥻   🧥👕🥻   🧥👕🥻   🧥👕🥻   🧥👕🥻   🧥👕🥻   🧥👕🥻   🧥👕🥻   🧥👕🥻   

3. The Missing Hook

As I was reading through chapter 4 titled "Who Are You?" i was getting a bit excited. it wasn't really excitement, but it might have felt like it at the time. This is because the other 3 chapters lacked anything that would have evoked a hint of the same feeling I felt when I read the 4th chapter. Now, I was expecting something to happen, something to further divulge my attention towards the story. At this point, I -as a normal, unobligated reader-  was hesitant; i wasn't inclined to finish the story. Sure, the book certainly had professional like-prose and somewhat beautiful dialogues and descrpitions, but that is the norm when it comes to books that aren't made by amateurs. The lengthy dialogue in chapter 4 felt like the hook, and I was ready to be hooked. However, the author failed yet again in this particular aspect. The lengthy dialogue was, indeed, just a lengthy dialogue. I might add that it was too lengthy.

  🎃🎃  🥎🥎  🎃🎃   🥎🥎  🎃🎃  🥎🥎  🎃🎃  🥎🥎  🎃🎃  🥎🥎  🎃🎃  🥎🥎

Conclusion

The book is good. it just wasn't good enough to keep me interested.

FINAL SCORE: 5/10

                                                                                          ❌

NO| || || ||UNENJOYABLE| || || ||BAD| || || ||AVERAGE| || || ||FINE| || || ||GREAT| || || ||MASTERPIECE