022; stargazing

third person.

"so," corbyn said as he sat down in chemistry, opening up his notebook before turning to face mollie, "what ya doing at lunch?"

"eating, why?"

"dang, you don't wanna hang out with me?" corbyn asked, a frown on his face as mollie tilted her head, "man i was hoping for someone to share my nerds with."

"hey corbyn," rosie said, interrupting their conversation as she walked up to the table, "i didn't know you were in my chemistry."

"oh, hi." he nodded once before looking back at mollie, "prince-"

"can i get your snap or something?" rosie asked corbyn as he looked back at her.

"uh, i'm not really interested." corbyn shrugged, "thank you though."

"oh, right," she nodded, "is that your girlfriend?"

"oh i'm not-"

"yeah, that's mollie." corbyn nodded as mollie quickly looked at him.

"cute." rosie smiled before she walked around for their table.

after she left, mollie instantly looked at corbyn confused, "girlfriend?!"

"it was just so she'd leave me alone," corbyn shrugged as he turned back to face the front of the class, a small smile growing on his face.

after the hour of chemistry and corbyn actually paying attention in the class instead of talking to many other students in the class, the bell went and they were dismissed, leaving the class room one by one.

and as mollie went to walk off in her usual direction, corbyn grabbed her hand and pulled her back to him before spinning her room and putting his arm around her, "you're spending lunch with me sorry."

"the stares corbyn," mollie mumbled as corbyn shrugged.

"who gives a shit? what do they know anyway," corbyn said as they left the school building, heading onto the field and behind the bleachers where he had already set up a picnic blanket, "i even made the lunch fancy."

"why have you done this?" mollie asked as the pair sat down on the blanket, subtly hiding her smile as corbyn shrugged, giving her a bag of food, "dunkin?"

"it's the only place where i have your order memorised," corbyn shrugged as she slowly nodded, thanking him before opening the bag, "sorry i didn't give you a choice for lunch but i had it planned and i didn't want it to go to waste."

mollie nodded, taking a sip of her drink before looking around the field, noticing it was completely empty and that they were the only two outside. as she furrowed her eyebrows slightly, the girl couldn't help but smile at the effort corbyn had put in to make the lunch as nice as possible.

"my dad wants to meet you by the way," corbyn said, shrugging as mollie looked at him, "mom told him about you and-"

"what are you saying to your mom about me?" she asked as a look of panic appeared on his face.

"just about chemistry and how you help me study," he quickly said, "but anyway, they want to know if you want to come round for dinner on friday."

"friday..?" she asked, her smile falling as she reminded herself of what paige had said not too many days ago, and that the plan to ghost corbyn was still going ahead before friday.

"it's ok if you can't come," corbyn shrugged, "they just want to meet you because they said you seem like a lovely girl or something."

"i'll come." she nodded, giving him a small smile, "what time do you want me to be there for?"

"do you want to come straight after school? just bring a spare change of clothes or something and get changed in my bathroom," he suggested as mollie nodded, "ok cool, that's all good then."

"are you parents home yet?" he then asked as she shook her head, "i thought you said they were coming back this week."

"yeah uh, maybe it's next week or something." mollie shrugged, "i get it mixed up a lot."

"are they ever home?"

"sometimes, just very rarely." mollie nodded.

"well, i'm sure my parents would love to see you if you ever do need a parent or two," corbyn told her, giving her a small smile as she thanked him, "especially my mom, she loves yo- oh also are you coming to the party saturday?"

"i'm not sure yet," mollie shrugged, "i'd rather stargaze or something."

"we can do that."

"we?" she looked at him as he nodded.

"yeah, i want to do that." corbyn said, "might as well do with you, if you're up for it."

"sure we can do that together."

"cool, so friday dinner with my parents and then saturday stargazing, that sounds great," corbyn smiled, finishing off his food and drink and throwing them away before turning to look at her.

a smile ok his face as he did so, he watched the girl concentrate on packing away her things as he decided to place a kiss on her cheek, making her smile and blush slightly before he himself got up, ready to head back to lessons.

"ok, see you tomorrow?" corbyn asked, "chemistry?"

"yes, see you tomorrow."

a/n

yeah u already know this was a filler chapter 😹🧘🏻