.2.

Celine

The day looked just like every other normal day. The sky was blue and the sun shone brightly. But for me, this was a special day. I'd get to spend time with Charles.

Ever since our last encounter, his thoughts were deeply embedded in my mind and I was so excited to meet up with him. My phone ringing interrupted my thoughts. Looking at the caller's ID, a smile lit on my face and I answered it.
"Hey Celine. Girl how are you doing? I've missed you terribly. South Africa's not the same without you." The voice said.

"Oh come on girl, don't overreact. I'll come visit you. My parents have became pretty unbearable after Celia's death." I said quietly.

"Oh Celine, I'm sorry for your loss. And your parents, they're the worst. I don't get how you even cope with them." Mia huffed over the phone.
"Don't worry about that. I'm done trying to win their affection. I'll not hurt myself anymore for nothing."
After talking with Mia, I felt relieved. At least someone remembered my existence.

I had a meeting with Charles today so I was excused from work. Thank goodness. Waiting in a café near the firm,it seemed he wasn't anywhere near coming. An hour had already passed and I was still seated there waiting.

Concluding that he wasn't going to show up,I decided to leave till I saw someone or should I say he saw me.

Killian Brown. Mr Brown's son. And one thing was for sure.

I hated him. Just as I despised his father.
What was his mistake?

He proposed love to me and went ahead to propose marriage to my sister. That same marriage proposal made my sister leave the house and I never heard anything about her till her death.

I didn't love him,that's for sure but I felt his move drove my sister away and led to all of this.

"Hey peaches." I cringed at the nickname he decided to give because of my liking of those fruits. Making sure to glare hard at him,I got up from my seat to leave but he blocked my path." Not so fast peaches. My dad let me know that Mr Engman was pretty busy and couldn't come so I should come keep you company. "He said a smirk forming on his face.

Keep me company. Puh-lease,I'd rather remain lonely than have him as company.
"I know you hate me peaches but for now let's put that aside and talk business. Come on sit down."

Reluctantly I sat down and reviewed some cases with him. Though I disliked him,I kinda enjoyed his company though I was never gonna admit it. As soon as we were done,I made my way out of the café without a word to him.

"Hey wait up." I heard his voice but I ignored it as I got into a cab.
The text message I received baffled me.

"Get home soon,honey. There's a surprise waiting for you." Why would they send me such a message if they practically didn't care  a whiff about me? Suspicion arose within me but I had no choice than to make my way there. I directed the cab driver to their mansion and gave him the fare before alighting from the car.

The house looked no different than before. Painted blue and white, it stood tall as always. Taking a deep breath,I moved towards the gate and punched the keycode into the security system. Moments later,the door opened and I reluctantly walked into the compound. Both of them were seated at the front porch and she rushed towards me when she saw me.

"Oh my goodness, Celine, I've missed you so much dear. Thanks for coming at a short notice." I stiffened when she threw her hands around me.
Immediately tearing her hands of me,I murmured, " I'm here,mother. What did you want to see me for?"

Holding my hands,which I didn't feel comfortable with, she pulled me to where my father sat seated with a document in front of him. Greeting him,to which he responded for the first time in years,I shockingly took a seat on one of the empty cushioned cane chairs.

"Now Celine, the reason why you're here is to let you know that you're getting married in a month's time." My father said.

I felt like I'd been immersed in a pool of freakingly cold water.

"Wh-h-a-tt?" I stuttered, the weight of his words hitting me like a ton of bricks. Though I believe I rushed because the next words he uttered made my day. "Yes Celine, you're getting married. To Mr Charles Engman who sought your hands in marriage from us and we accepted. All you have to do is say yes."

"Yes. I will marry him,father." I said almost too quickly. My father with glee signed the papers on the table whose contents I had no idea of  and my mother seized her phone and started making calls to people, probably to cater for the wedding.

I could care less of their ulterior motives behind this marriage. All I cared about was that I was getting married to the man of my dreams.

Very soon,I'd be Mrs Celine Engman and was I proud of it? Of course I was. It was a dream come true though I ought to have been careful of what I wished for.

Woohoo. Chapter 2 is out. Celine's overjoyed but what do you think she meant by saying she ought to be careful of what she wished for?
Lemme know in the comments section. Please don't forget to let your votes flowww.😁😁

Your girl,
Jodhar.

😘😘😘😍😍