𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

After a few hours of relaxation, the clock strikes nine. I definitely grew tired after putting on another face for Crystal. I pick up my phone and call Mark.

After two rings, he answers, "Hello, Angel?"

"Yep, that's me."

"Oh, hi... do you need anything?"

"Nope, I'm just bored. Do I need a reason to call you, Mr. Seagull?"

He chuckles, "No, it's just that this is the first time you've called me."

I laugh along, "You should be honored."

"Haha, I definitely am. What are you doing right now?"

"Nothing special, what about you?"

"I was just finishing up some homework in my room."

"Oh, am I bothering you? I can call another time."

"Don't worry, Angel. I'm breezing through. Plus I'm awesome at multitasking!"

"Pfft.. I bet you are. I had to help you with every single math problem today!"

"Ahaha, let's forget that. Anyways have you-"

A distant "Mark!" can be heard in the background and interrupts him.

"Oh sorry Angel. Jaehyun is calling me. I'll talk to you later, you can hang up first."

Of course I'm not gonna hang up. I lean closer to my phone and listen in. It seems that Mark is now outside his room because his voice is fainter.

(A/N-Mark: not bold; Jaehyun: bold)

Yes, Jae? Do you need anything?

Mark, the house is filled with this burnt scent! There are literally eggs on the ceiling! What did you do?

Oh, uh I just wanted to practice cooking, but it ended up turning out badly. We also ran out of all the cleaning supplies, so the best thing I could use to wipe everything were the napkins, since you told me to let you know before buying these things.

I can hear as Jaehyun sighs in frustration.

Mark, I had a rough day at work today. Why do you even want to practice cooking all of a sudden? You just had to stir up trouble on the worst day.

Well would you like me to help with anything?

No, Mark. You've done enough.

Wait, what did you just say?

No, Mark. You've done enough.

No, I heard you mumble something else.

I didn't mumble anything!

Just say it to my face Jaehyun! I heard you mumble oh my god mark is so selfish and annoying.

Okay, so what?! You weren't the one who had a rough day!

I knew it. Those screenshots were real.

What are you even talking a-

SLAM.

The door shuts and I hear Mark mumble, "Maybe this is why they left" before I quickly hang up.

A/N:

wattpad apology- I, nellijelli, am sincerely sorry for publishing the driest conversations eVER. 😔