naib s. ‖ waiting

Hello!! Sorry for the long wait I had exams ;;; I hope this is to the requesters liking I changed it slightly~~ I'll be slowly working on the others ^ ^'

-----

Naib Subedar + Rescuer!Reader

Pain ripped through [Y/N]'s body as detention took its toll on her body. [Y/N] had done an astonishing feat of kiting 5 ciphers and now had to face the wrath of the extremely agitated Jack. As the adrenaline dissipated, fatigue settled upon her as she limply hung from the balloons not bothering to struggle. Wincing as she was harshly thrown down and strapped to the chair, she sighed as she waited for the others to escape through the door. It was almost a routine now for [YN] to be left behind as she bought time for the others to escape. It was a relatively effective strategy as most hunters were too pissed at [Y/N] to try and catch the other survivors. Of course, [Y/N] didn't mind because after all wins were getting more and more frequent these days. However, it was tiring. She could see the shadows of her teammates all leaving together through the gate as she sat on the dreaded rocket chair. Match after match, continuing on seemingly without an end. Perhaps she was selfish but [Y/N] couldn't help but want to walk through the gates with them. The lonely silence set heavily around her as the parasite of unease and self-doubt made its way into her mind. [Y/N] shook her head and slumped into the chair. She erased the thoughts and prepared for the countdown to reach its limit resulting in her to once again be sent back to the manor. Closing her eyes and worn from weariness, she gripped onto the armrests for the sudden lift-off bound to come.  

"Don't move, I'm coming!"

[Y/N]'s eyes shot open as she whipped her head towards the voice. It was the Mercenary. If [Y/N] had recalled correctly his name was Naib...Subedar? She wasn't quite sure but quickly focused on the alarming situation. Opening her mouth in panic, she quickly called out.

"Don't rescue me!"

[Y/N] glanced anxiously at Jack, his eyes, tinted with red, narrowed and raised his clawed hand preparing to strike at the incoming survivor. Naib reached out towards the chair and [Y/N] made a small noise of alarm as the hand came far too close to his body. All of the sudden, Naib had activated his elbow pads and pushed himself away from the chair. Jack had hit the chair. A loud curse emitted from Jack's mouth as he fumed at the Mercenary. Naib yanked the barbed wires off and pulled [Y/N] to her feet.

'Hurry! Run!"

Her fatigue was long forgotten as her heart clenched in excitement and anticipation. Someone had come back for her. Someone had come BACK for her! Her head was clouded from the thoughts that ran around her mind as she barely registered what was happening. Suddenly, the Naib that was pulling her hand from in front whirled around and pushed her from her back. This snapped her out of her stupor as she looked back to a swirl of fog coming at them. [Y/N] was nearly launched off her feet as the foggy blade hit her and Naib but pushed forward as Tide Turner protected both of them. The gate was in sight and she could hear the screams of the others, calling out. Then, a flash of red and black appeared in front of her. [Y/N]'s heart dropped as her pace faltered. In a mist of black Jack raised his hand at her. Detention had worn off, giving [Y/N] a clear view of the aggression in his eyes. Even though she knew that Tide Turner was still activated, she squeezed her eyes close and tensed her body for the pain to come. However, it never came. All [Y/N] felt was a pair of arms pull her back and turn her around. Gingerly opening her eyes, to see Naib with a face of pain as his arms were wrapped around [Y/N] in a protective manner. Suddenly, [Y/N] noticed a trickle of sweat slip down his face. She also noticed his eyes and how they were the most brilliant shade of blue that held a fierce determination in them. He then looked down and made eye contact, which [Y/N] quickly averted away from.