Five

I felt myself getting angry. She was fidgeting in the middle of my bed. She didn't talk while I was fixing my closet. We were never really close so I am not the one who speaks to her first. It's not that I want to, it's because I don't know how. And maybe dahil sa laging nasa anino niya ako.

Dad's family was small but it's still a family, a set of people who are bound to each other. Tig-iisa o dalawang mga anak kada magpipinsan. And I was the youngest among all of them. Dad was the youngest too in their clan. Most of their children are guys, only me and Ate Ehra are the girls.

She was just looking at me, watching what I was doing. I sat on my chair in front of the vanity and arrange my skincares and make ups. Mom said I should stay here at least a week. Kahit ang totoo, she and Kuya Jidee won't be at the other house to be with me. So I said yes na lang, it's lonelier when I am the only person strolling around the house. May mga kasama naman ako but they are too busy on doing their chores and job.

They will launch something together and I will just be here at Dad's para may kasama ako. That's the main reason. It's okay because I am with Dad but I hate it too because of her. She has her own bedroom in her own parent's house yet here she is, in my bedroom.

I am not awkward with the silence, at all, unless she speaks, but I won't answer anyway. What for?

A knock on my door made her jump, as I saw her in my mirror. "Miss?" His voice was muffled and I saw Ate Ehra panicked and she didn't move a muscle. I rolled my eyes and got up.

Papabukas na ako ng pinto when I felt a hand on my arm. She looked so drain with her eyebags, it was evident when you get closer. I looked at her puzzled. "Jen... please... sabihin mo wala ako." She whispered slowly. Afraid to speak louder when my room was almost soundproof. Was she that scared?My brows furrowed.

I thought she will give him a chance, based on what he kept yelling from the gates earlier. "I don't care—"

"P-Please, k-kahit ngayon lang. Promise, hindi na mauulit." She whispered calmly as she ran inside my bathroom. Umiling ako. I really can't understand her sometimes.

I opened the door seeing Gavin pocketed his hands. "What?" I asked.

It seems like Robby was too close with this guy he let him roam around our house. "I am sorry for what happened earlier." He said but his eyes were looking inside my room, looking for something.

My lips parted, he is not here to apologize. "You're totally creeping me out right now." I said bluntly in his face. "Are you obsessed with her?"

He gulped when he heard me. "I will accept your apology though you came here to my room, but kept looking inside like you were looking for someone." I emphasized every word. "Sino kayang sane na girl who would let you talk to them if you're this creepy?" I arched my brow.

He sighed. "Your cousin won't even talk to me."

"Let's say I was her ha? I am Ehra. You went here saying you want to talk but you're invading my personal space..." Medyo lumayo siya pagkasabi ko. "May tarbaho siya, she could've been outside—"

"Her car was at the—"

"Gavin, you're being creepy again." I halted him. "Look, if alam ko naman where she was, kung makikita kita sa university, I will tell you. Just please, don't barge into someone's home ever again. Even her house." I didn't notice how my posture would look. My arms were across my chest all this time as if I am scolding a child. "We're not even close to begin with but you. are. standing. in front my room when you're just a friend of my cousin."