14

I spent the remainder of the weekend and the whole of Monday training for the contest. The boys would watch me after school with a med kit just in case.

It is currently Tuesday afternoon, I've been practicing for about eight hours now and I feel extremely light headed. I started early this morning around 6:00am and I've only stopped for a few breaks.

"I think you should stop now" Hyunjin stated bluntly

"I second that" Bang Chan raised his hand

"Ok, but one more set first" I said quickly as I flew past them

"She's going to kill herself" Lee Know sighed in defeat. I had decided to train in an abandoned skate park which was located in the outskirts of the city in a forest where nobody lived. There are many stories and rumors that tell of the place being haunted.

One story I remember was spread about a few years ago when this park first opened, many kids enjoyed coming here and it was a hotspot for local skating talent, but one day a teenage boy attempted to do a particularly dangerous stunt. He miscalculated his jump and he fell and snapped one of his vertebrae, he was rushed to the hospital and was operated on. The following week when he woke up the doctors told him he was completely paralyzed in his left leg. He was devastated that he couldn't continue skating, so he went to the park that night and committed suicide

After that, kids who came to the park were experiencing paranormal activity, from creepy messages on the walls to mannequins being hung from the neck in trees. The park slowly became desolate and lost popularity, so nobody comes here anymore.

I thought this would be a good place to train because firstly, I could go as fast as I wanted without having to worry about bumping into other kids and secondly, it's in a forest so there is constant cover from the sun and I don't have to worry about heatstroke.

I finished my last set and headed back to the guys.

I kept thinking about the boy and how he died. I do believe in ghosts, but in all the time I've been coming here I haven't seen or heard anything. Sometimes when I want to be alone I come here and I'm starting to doubt that this place is actually haunted.

"Heraaaaaaaaa, are you done yet?" Jungkook whined, "this place is creepy, I want to go home and watch movies" I chuckled

"Yes, I'm done"

The park is deep-ish into the forest, so it took a decent amount of time to get out. I was extremely tired so I fell asleep in the car.

It felt like I was asleep for only two seconds before I was jolted awake by the feeling of ice cold water on my face. I sputtered and wiped the water away before turning to glare at Taehyung.

He was hysterically laughing with Jungkook and Hoseok. I saw a flash for a brief moment and looked to my right to see Seungmin with his phone out.

"Smile" he sang

"Have you forgotten how many embarrassing photo's I have of you" I retorted

"I haven't forgotten, but this photo is a nice edition to my collection of your embarrassing photo's, now get out and take a shower. You stink" he giggled. I gave an unamused look

"See you tomorrow" I sighed as I got out of the car. He was right, I did stink. I walked inside and got ready to shower. The contest is tomorrow at exactly 11:00am, the rules state that if you don't arrive in time for the starting gun then you can't compete, so I have to sleep early tonight. Hongjoong told me that he will be there with the rest of his members just in case Jase tries anything.

I got out of the shower and dressed in loose sweatpants and a sleeveless sleep shirt. I collapsed onto my bed with no energy left in my body and drifted off to sleep within a matter of seconds.