Morning Dew

Ban
————————————————————
**Some of the reader's looks are determined by the author for plot purposes.
————————————————————
You live in the kingdom of Liones. You've always like the kingdom, the people were always nice and the aura was always pretty cheerful. Well, almost always.

When the Holy Knights were around, the mood of the people flipped. Everyone became more fidgety and scared, just doing their best to not get in trouble. But it's been really peaceful lately, and that's thanks to the Seven Deadly Sins and Princess Elizabeth.

You didn't know much about the sins nor the princess, but what you did know is that they're pretty powerful, and saved the kingdom from the Holy Knights. That was enough for you to like them.

Right now you were out running errands, going out to buy more seeds for your garden and some food, as you were running low. For some reason, the street was unusually busy today. But you couldn't dwell on the thought for long, you still had things to do.

You tried to make your way towards the store that sold equipment and such for gardeners. Tried. Making your way through the crowd was extremely difficult, mostly because of the fact that you're as short as a kid despite being twenty-one years old.

You would try to shove your way through, but everyone else would just push you back. You weren't able to make your way through. And you couldn't just make your way around or try another street since you were stuck in the dead centre of the crowd. You huffed, annoyed that you were able to go through.

You tried pushing through again, but it didn't work. Your next thought was to yell "Excuse me!" and hope they heard. That proved futile, as the crowd was too loud and your voice was easily overpowered by everyone else's. You were ready to go and try another way when you saw an opening between two men. One of the two was dressed in shiny red clothing, but you didn't care much.

You made your way over, squeezing between the two while yelling, "Excuse me!" You made it past, sighing in relief. Smiling, you continued making your way down the road towards the shop.

"Elaine?" A male's voice called. You faltered in your steps, briefly looking to your left. Even though your name wasn't Elaine, nor anything even close to Elaine, you couldn't help but feel that the call was directed at you.

'I'm probably just hearing things,' Shrugging, you turned forwards and continued on. The crowd was thinner now, not much better than before but now you could probably squeeze by much easier now.

"Elaine!" The voice called out again. You furrowed your brows, narrowing your eyes slightly. 'Well, now I know I'm not hearing things. But he can't be calling to me.'

You were proven wrong when a hand suddenly grasped onto your arm, making you stop and turn back around. Your eyes landed on... someone's stomach. You blinked before throwing your head back to look up at whoever had stopped you.

The male was inhumanly tall. His hair was short and spikey, and was white with a light blue tint to it. He also has narrow red hues with thick black makeup around his eyes—or maybe it was natural? You couldn't tell.

He has a scar that started at his cheek and ran down his neck. He wears shiny red leather pants and a maroon coat with a long collar, his chest being completely exposed.

His eyes were wide as he stared into your own. "E—Elaine? Is that you?"

'Ah, so he was talking to me.' You staredvup at him, shaking your head. "I'm sorry, but my name isn't Elaine. I think you have me confused with someone else." The moment those words left your mouth, the male's entire expression softened. But not in a gentle and caring way, but in a sad and disappointed way.