Chapter 3: Leaving The Castle

We walked down the hall while we chatted with a smile on our face.

"The new guy?" I asked Kushiro when he mentioned a "new guy" in the group.

He nodded, "Yeah, the orange dragon. Supposedly you know him."

My eyebrows rose in shock, an exciting feeling suddenly bubbled up in my chest as I remembered the boy. "Zeno?!"

He looked down at me in confusion and shock, probably surprised i knew Zeno, before realization took over. "Ah right. You, like, resurrect or whatever."

I gave out a huff. "You make me sound like some mysterious mummy."

"At this point," His shoulders slumped and blue lines appeared above his head. "I wouldn't even be surprised if you were." He threw his hands in the air and looked up at the sky, as if he was talking to god. "First, a proposal. Then, the same guy who proposed to you kills your father!"

I laugh as he emphasizes "father" and complains about how Su-Won was weird for doing that after proposing to me.

"I mean, did he think it would make a good wedding gift?!"

A snort escapes my mouth as I imagine Su-Won sulking in a corner thinking his "gift" wasn't good enough for me.

Koshiro faces me with a goofy smile, "And then I find out you've been all over the kingdom doing who knows what with who knows who!"

I fake an offended expression and hit him on the arm, "What are you suggesting, ass!"

He laughed before his lips rest in a smile, "Seriously though, a priest and dragons and a king?! And now my best friend is suddenly a resurrecting dragon that's like 3,000 years old."

He has a point.

I ignore Ryzaki's comment and chuckle at Koshiro's, "Hey, I'm not that old!"

Koshiro rolled his eyes playfully and i could tell Ryzaki did the same, except out of annoyance.

Before any of us could say anything else a figure turned the corner before we could and we were stuck facing my ex fiancé face to face.

I gave him a small smile, "Su-Won."

Koshiro seemed a bit shocked at my greeting before he raised his eyebrow in amusement.

"Ah! My apologies, Your Majesty! I forgot that we weren't engaged anymore. It's inappropriate for me to call you so informally now." I apologize while scratching my head with an awkward laugh.

Su-Won sighed before giving me a small smile in response, "No need for formalities, Y/n. At least not while we're alone."

Koshiro cleared his throat, "Pardon the interruption, but you aren't alone, Su-Won."

"Ah." The said boy turned to my body guard, his smile dropping, "I see you still harbor a grudge towards me, Koshiro."

The golden orbs of my bodyguards eyes finally make contact with Su-Wons, "I'm not as forgiving as my princess."

'My'? Somehow that has a different affect now  that I know how he feels...

Koshiro puts his hand on my shoulder, "I don't forgive those who hurt her."

A silence falls between us three and I finally break the ice after seeing the staring contest between the two.

"Well, it was nice seeing you again and I give you my thanks for taking care of me, but Koshiro and I must be on our way." I say with a smile while I push Koshiro's back to force him forward.