𝚂𝚒𝚡

𝓡𝓮𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓱𝓪𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰, I admit. Especially in a situation such as this, and I admit, it was doing terrible things to me at this time. I felt very... Disconnected, I suppose would be the appropriate term for a time like this. I have had a week long absence from college, coming up with excuses such as "under the weather," or "stomach bug," to my friends. My mum, however, she was suspicious of me, she knew that there was something deeper going on, and she was very determined to pick my brain until I just caved and told her what has happened, and today was that day, because today, I was feeling even more down and I just had to tell someone other than Chris. 

My door creaked open, I heard my mum's heels click on the ground, she peered into the room, I laid in my bed, my duvet over half my face, I felt the bed shift as she took a seat by me, "Astrid, my dear," She hummed, it was a soothing sound to hear her voice so caring, "I know you haven't been this under the weather this whole time," She pulled the duvet down and I looked up at her, taking a deep breath, "You know you can talk to me, I am your mother, every secret is safe with me, did something happen to you and Michelle?" 

I took a deep breath, shrugging my shoulders a bit, "There could be a fall out in the near future if some... details are exposed of an affair," I started to explain and my mum raised a brow with careful consideration.

"An affair?" 

"Tony and I, we may have had a moment," I didn't feel like putting all the details down on paper for her, she didn't need to know I shagged him.

"A moment? Did you two kiss?"

I nodded and I saw my mother's eyes widen a little, "Astrid, you sneaky devil," She let out a small, humble laugh, "Now, tell me, was he good?"

"Mum! He's my best mate's boyfriend, I shouldn't of!" 

"Oh, it is obvious to everyone and the pope that you and Tony have a connection!"

I felt frozen at that moment, did Michelle see this and she chose to ignore it? What did I tell her? Did I just tell her that everything she thought was true or did I just tell her she was imagining things? I gave my mum a look for a moment until I looked towards my duvet in a moment of panic, "Is that true? Do you think Michelle has noticed this?" 

My mum seemed a little awkward at this point, as if she had no idea what to say, then she perked up a little, "Astrid my dear, the way Tony looks at you reminds me much of your father when we first met, even I noticed this," She patted my hand and gave a soft smile, "I think it would be in your best interest to sit and have a discussion with him, don't you think?" 

I let out a soft sigh and gave her a nod, "You're right," I said before I finally got out of bed and she gave me a soft pat on the back before leaving my room, I decided to get dressed and actually go out and meet with Tony, figure out my feelings for once in my life.

»»---------------------►

"I am- like, so glad you are coming with us, I thought you were dying, haven't seen you for a week!" Michelle cheered as we walked into a building, Michelle drug me along with her to Tony's choir show. He was the only male in the all-girls choir for this preppy school that Abi goes to. We slid to sit down.

"Of course," I said awkwardly. 

Everyone else was joining as well, Chris and Maxxie sat in front of us, Sid was nowhere in sight yet, and the show was starting, they stated out with a Beach Boys song, Chris looked back at Michelle and I as it started, "Beach Boys, fucking top," He commented and gave me a cheeky smile before he turned to look forward.