Chapter 1: Stained Hands

Chapter 001 - Stained Hands.

Yuuei high. A school where only the best of the best attended, divided into four groups that specialize in different tasks, also known as divisions. The four divisions were recognized as the fighters division, the assassins division, the medic division and the tech division. Society was carved to believe that working for the government was the ideal way to live your life to the fullest- and so Yuuei high, like many other schools trained these students. Class 1-A was said to be the rise of a new generation of talent. A new generation of fighters to serve the government.

"Assassin, he's coming your way," You heard Uraraka mention, your earpiece slightly muffling as you gently brushed the small device.

Yuuei was an amazing school- there was no doubt about it. The curriculum was up to par, and was one of the best schools in Japan to attend if you were looking for a job to work with the government in the future.

"The area's clear, he's all yours," Momo spoke, the gentle sounds of her fingers tapping the keyboard running through your mind, "Meet us in the security room after you're done."

You learnt a lot. The training was intense, and you learnt just what you needed to lead a successful life with the skills you had.

"Got it," You whispered under your breath. Heavy, rushed footsteps could be heard approaching as you gripped onto the handle of the knife in your hand.

But you also learnt how fragile a life was.

"Damn! Where is it?!" A man's deep voice grunted, the footsteps only getting louder as each waking moment passed. Waiting at the corner, your breathing quickened as you waited for the male to approach. As soon as the footsteps neared, you dashed out into the wide hall, walls decorated a blank white, "What the-?!"

And how easily it could be taken from someone.

You didn't speak, instead only slashing the knife in his direction as he jerked his head backwards, reaching for the gun at his side you rushed at his legs, shoving him down to the ground as you felt adrenaline rush through your veins, you pinned him down. The final moments of one's life were often filled with fear, and it was quite obvious to view the panic that grew in the male's eyes. The knife in your hand was now slowly lifting into the air, and as you inspected the scene before you, you couldn't help but slightly wince. Revving your hand backwards, you hesitated for a moment, your eyes shutting close as you forced your hand down. You could feel the blade push into his soft flesh, the unsettling feeling of the knife entering the body sending shivers up your spine. Your grip on the handle tightened as you forced your eyes open, the ominous sight drilling itself into your mind.

I'm sorry. You apologized, as if it would give you peace of mind, stepping away from the body that laid there lifeless.

Silently walking towards the security room, you opened the door to be met with complete silence, and Momo and Uraraka standing before the computers.

"We did what had to be done," Momo spoke, breaking the awkward silence. You could feel her voice slightly falter, guilt evident in her tone.

"He was a killer," You tried to justify, despite the unwelcoming feeling of pity growing in your stomach, "Come on. Let's head back now."

"Do we just leave..... everything here?" Uraraka asked, her eyes fixated on one of the bodies through the security cameras.

"I think," You sighed, "So let's get out of here."

Not bothering to speak, the two girls followed after you and out the building as you wandered into the familiar black car that was parked outside. Inside was your teacher, Aizawa who remained silent as you blankly stared into your lap, Uraraka gripping onto the hem of her skirt as Momo's gaze was casted out the window.

The ride was tense. Nobody dared to speak. As the car pulled into Yuuei, you immediately got out, the gentle cool mid fall wind hitting your skin as you walked into the school.

"I need to go talk to All Might about the mission," Uraraka blurted, "I'll see you guys around."

"Y-Yeah. I'm gonna talk to Powerloader," Momo added, "Bye (Name)."

You nodded before turning around and making your way down the halls, the walls covered with the graduated classes from the previous years. The eerie silence that followed after your form as you dragged yourself down the hallways was discouraging, your eyes eventually falling onto Midnight's office. Knocking at the door, it immediately opened, a smile plastered on her face.

"(L.Name)," Midnight grinned, "Who were your partners again?"

"Uraraka and Yaoyorozu."

"From....?"

"Uraraka from the fighting division and Yaoyorozu from the tech division."

"Aizawa really sent you three without a medic?" She chuckled in disbelief, "Actually, that sounds like him."

".... Right."

She took notice of your quiet attitude, only sighing before making her way to her desk as you took a seat before her, your hands falling by your side and onto the soft fabric of the chair you sat on.

"Tell me how it went."

"Well, we killed him," You answer was short, yet when the words left your lips you felt your mouth grow dry, "Or, I did. I... I killed him."

You glanced down, your head hanging as you remained silent. The soft sounds of Midnight's long nails gently tapping against the cold, wooden surface ringing in your ears.

"Listen kid," She started, "Are you okay?"

You paused. "I'm fine."

"It's okay if you're upset, (L.Name)," Her voice was much more gentle than usual as she spoke to you, "Trust me when I say this, you'll get used to it."

"The feeling of killing someone?" You glanced up at her, "I don't know if I'll ever get used to it."

"That's what I thought when I first started," She bitterly chuckled, "Actually that's what every single one of us thought. Don't worry, soon it'll come naturally."

As much as she tried to comfort you, her words fell on deaf ears. Slightly shifting in the chair, a frown was present on your face, Midnight frowning at the sight of her upset student.

"You can go home," She smiled, "You can come speak to me tomorrow about it."

This was your life. In a system where people your age were taught to harm others for the benefit of the selfish higher ups in society, your actions were always, and would always be justified by the law.

Yet despite that, the crimson red blood of your victims stained your young, tired hands.