You'll Be Okay {Part 2}(Daisuga)

Trigger Warnings: Angst, Depictions of Violence, Trauma

~~~

Indeed, lies were ugly. They were terrifying and horrific. So was what they left behind: A story and a scar.

Daichi had started working as a police officer. The job was difficult and exhausting, but it was worth it. It was worth it because he was doing something right. Being a police officer was dangerous, but only if he was careless. Unfortunately, the one time he was careless, he paid a heavy price.

~

"Sawamura! You told me you'd be back home early!"

"I'm really sorry Koushi, I need to follow this lead okay? We might even catch those criminals this time."

"Oh... Okay... But be careful okay, dear? Now I'm going to buy some groceries."

I stuffed my phone back in my pocket as me and my team got into an undercover vehicle for tracking down the suspects of a murder case.

I hadn't told Koushi that these were serial killers we were dealing with because he would have definitely locked me in a closet 'for my own safety'. "Mitsu-chan can you track them?" Mitsu, our very own hacker and technician had placed a tracker in the last vehicle the criminals had taken to escape.

"Yes Daichi-san!" She quickly tapped away on her keyboard. "They are here, in the north-west part of Miyagi itself." North-west? Thats near our house! I looked at my watch and commanded, "Drive fast and silently."

Half an hour of silence was punctuated by the slight clinking sound of guns brushing against metal as we came out of the car. There were five people in my team, all dressed as civillians to blend into the crowd at the market where the tracker's location was pin-pointed. These criminals have been living so close to my own home... We're just waiting to be targeted by them. I kept my gun at the ready and gestured for the others to do the same.

My heart had started to pick up its pace as we approached the building which was suspected to be the lair of the crooks. I tried to calm myself, this will be my first time face to face with murderers, so WHAT!? I can do it! For the good of others and to rid this neighborhood of this filth. We entered the dilapidated building near a convenience store. A small squeak of shoes, a rattle of faulty plumbing and then nothing. No sounds, not even a whoosh of air, that is, until it happened.

I loud bang resounded in the passageways accompanied with scuffling of a number of feet. "Quick! They're getting away!" I ran forwards towards the sound as my team followed me. I cleared the path of any flimsy closed doors by body-slamming them with full force. One, two, three doors and the street light illuminated the after effects of the explosion.

A group of four people were running away from the ruined building into the gathered crowd of people in the market. Taichi, my associate, shouted, "CHASE NOW!" We all sprinted at full tilt after the criminals, pushing away people as gently as possible. One from the group of murderers reached a hand outwards as if to grab something. Even with my shaky vision, I saw his hand come in contact with a pedestrian's neck and promptly wrap around it. He turned around, dragging the smaller, hooded man with him. The crook shouted, "Come nearer... And he WILL die!"

My heary skipped a few beats as the adrenaline in my veins made my legs shake. I fired a shot into the air and the hostage's hood came loose, "You still have a chance! Surrender and you will li- SUGA!!??"

I stopped in my tracks. His head was lowered but I would recognise that grey-white hairstyle anywhere, groceries spilled around him. The crook merely smirked, "Have I struck gold? An associate of the great police officer!" My head was reeling with shock. A blackness was creeping into my vision, leaking into it and clouding my eyes. It spread like ink until nothing except the criminal and Suga existed. Nothing else mattered. The vile person spoke again, "Woalda' be shameful to kill such a beauty... To spare me, give me one reason not to kill him..." He dragged Suga upwards so now he was facing up. There were no tears in his eyes, just determination. As if to say, "I'll get out of this... I'll escape this damn crook."

The criminal took out a switch-blade out of his pocket and pressed it against the delicate skin on Koushi's neck. "DAICHI-SAN!" Taichi and Minoma were shouting my name. The blackness receded amd my team came into view, so did the other three criminals. A storm brewed outside our circle, a crowd had gathered. "Daichi-san, we have to catch them this time." Minoma whispered. "We have to take the risk." I nodded.

"What's taking so long 'heroes' I thought you would let us escape!" The damn scoundrel mocked us. Just as I was about to speak, a rock came flying out of the crowd. A second, a third and more followed. They hit the criminals and they wavered. They crouched and tried to protect themselves, but one didn't budge. The one who had Suga, he hadn't moved an inch.

He glared at everyone and pressed the knife into Koushi's skin, drawing a small rivulet of blood. Seeing him, the rocks stopped. I heard him whimper in pain, but I was helpless. My gut was twisted and my heart beat felt like sledgehammer blows. "Su...ga?" I whispered. The other criminals smiled and said, "He just wanted an excuse officer."

Blood sprinkled the tarmac as people moved, shouted and screamed. My team dashed after the criminals. I sprinted to the limp looking man and fell on my knees. My tears wouldn't fall, my mind wouldn't process it. My eyes wouldn't see the cut on Koushi Sugawara's neck.

I gently hoisted his head to my lap. "Hey Sawamura~" His voiced cracked with the strain. "I made you dinner." I brushed the hair from his face as a small droplet fell on his forehead. I replied unsteadily, "We'll eat together honey...." A deep bruise formed on my back, purple and blue. "I'll serev you dinner once we get-" my voice cracked as tears cascaded down my face"- home okay?" An invisible claw ripped open the skin on my back. Lies. Suga smiled forcefully. "We'll spend the weekend together..." Two hands opened the gash in my back. Lying. This cannot be happening, this is not supposed to be, this is wrong. "You'll be fine... I promise" An intangible force ripped open my back and clawed the outer regions of the wound. Liar. "You'll be okay." A pearly drop landed on his cheek, one on his forehead. He was still smiling. The wound was still bleeding.

"Suga? Koushi?" I gently pushed his shoulder. "Stop pretending! It's scary." Wake up, wake up please please please. I nudged his stomach. "I'll tickle you baby!" The crack in my voice was a punctuation. Stop stop please make it stop it hurts. I bit my lip amd smiled. "Suga.... Please?"

He wasn't breathing anymore.

Another tear slipped out of my eye. And another, and another and another, they kept on coming. I screamed as if to call Suga from the other place. To see him smile just one more time. "You'll be okay, I promise..."

I lied, for the better.

~

As you may have figured out, Daisuga part 1 and 2 are based in an AU where lies create physical wounds on people. The more concentrated the lie is, the deeper the wound. This chapter is the incident behind Daichi's wound.

I hope you liked this because I haven't written much angst at all and it's kinda difficult. Construction criticism and requests are welcome. ^^

Credits to artist