Heartbroken

In the meantime, the rabbits that were sitting by Akira's feet had noticed that the birds and owl were missing. A pull on one of their ears drew their attention to the birds and owl who were perched a ways away on a tree branch. The bird motioned to the boots by the tree stump that Akira had taken off as he laid against the tree branch. The rabbits caught sight of the cloak and hat and understood the plan.

Akira had his eyes closed and was humming to himself while one of the smaller rabbits laid in his lap, their eyes closed as Akira pet him softly. The rabbits took their opportunity to hop into his boots and hop towards the birds and owl.

In the meantime, the birds and squirrel helped tied the cloak around the owl and placed the hat on top of his head. The cloak was a little heavy so the birds each held one sleeves up and the squirrel crawled under the hat and held onto the owl's feathers on his head and held onto the hat with the other paw so the hat would stay on.

The group of animals headed towards the tree, the rabbits bouncing in the boots one at a time so it gave the illusion of walking. As they approached the other animals scurried away in shock and surprise which quickly gathered Akira's attention. He turned and his eyes widened seeing the "prince" walking towards him. A smile gathered on his face as he realized what the dressed up animals were doing and he decided to play along.

"Why, if it isn't my dream prince! Your Highness," Akira said standing up and bowing to the "prince" with a chuckle. "You know, I'm really not supposed to speak to strangers. But we've met before!"

"I know you
I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you
The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
Yet I know it's true
That visions are seldom all they seem
"

As Akira danced and sang with the "prince" he failed to notice that Lance, Pidge, and Hunk had entered the clearing and saw him dancing with the animals in Lance's cloak and hat. Lance turned to his friends as they peeked from behind the tall bushes.

"I told you there was someone singing," Lance said to which Pidge rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, you were right," Pidge said with a sigh.

"Yeah, we found him, can we go back before your sister starts worrying?" Hunk asked glancing nervously in the direction of the castle.

"But if I know you
I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once
The way you did once upon a dream
"

"Not yet," Lance said emerging from the buses. "I've seen him somewhere, and I need to know where."

"Wait, Lance!" Hunk yelled as Lance headed towards the mysterious singing stranger.

"Clearly, he doesn't know about stranger danger," Pidge said with a sigh.

"Are we gonna go after him?" Hunk asked as Lance continued to walk over.

"No, we'll stay here and jump in if needed," Pidge said to which Hunk nodded with a sigh.

"But if I know you
I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once
"

As Akira spun around, he failed to notice Lance pull the owl away by the back of the cloak and join Akira in his dance as he spun back around.

"The way you did once upon a dream"

As someone else's voice joined in, Akira froze and turned to see who was with him. His eyes widened seeing the owl and birds had been pushed away to the group of animals were watching him.

"I'm sorry about that, I didn't mean to frighten you," Lance said with a sheepish smile as Akira stopped and turned around.

"It wasn't that," Akira said with a shake of his head. "It's just that you're a..." as he turned around, his eyes widened upon seeing Lance.