Chapter One

I was just walking down a path, my black tail trailing and matted from the lack of brushing. My main was stringy, a monstrosity of the beautiful 'do' from which it had once been. Ever since I told my mother, Luna, I did not want to be a princess, Luna had told her to go through the Everfree Forest to Ponyville.

It had been bad for me for the last few week. It was a scary in the forest, I must say. Princess Celestia told me I didn't have to go but I had insisted, unaware of the dangers this forest has. Unaware of the creatures who constantly scared me.

I changed a lot since the Pampered life I have once live. I when from the Sleek, beautiful, posh Alicorn to a grimy Alicorn hardly noticeable. My main and tail are flat and dull for instance. Things changes a pony when they have seen what I've seen, heard what I've heard, and did what I have done. The rare ponies I see I don't talk to. I am quiet and I hurry along my way. I think I am shy and quiet, a LONG what from the Hyper, Fun-Loving filly the palace had seen bouncing around here to there. I'm no longer innocent.

I wonder often now if the change was for the best.

At the moment I was running from a lynx that found glee in my reaction when ever it came near. I noticed a break in the darkness up ahead I faltered in the full speed gallop and fell, even the lynx seem to notice, get bored, and leave. I stared at the small cottage that was half cutoff by the foliage and the pink and white pony that stood there tending to a few chickens in it's pen.

I was on Ponyville border.