ART~6

MAHALAYA

Hey there lovely people❤..today's painting is about the beginning of one of my favourite festival Durga Puja. The festivals starts with Mahalaya. Here's
a little detail what mahalaya is all about.

________________________________________
🌸Mahalaya signifies the termination of Pitri Paksha and the beginning of Devi Paksha, thus ushering in the season of religious festivals. Mahalaya day is religiously observed by performing this important ritual to remember our ancestors by doing the Tarpan in the names of those who were our near and dear ones but who are no longer alive with us today.

🌸In Bengal (a state in India ) Mahalaya is a day when through chants and the sound of Dhak (this is a musicals instrument) the priests all over the state invoke Goddess Durga the supremem power to leave the abode of heaven, they revoke her to rise, awake and descend on earth and annihilate the evils of the world.

🌸The artisans of Kumartolli
(a very famous place in kolkata,India where the sculptures of devi durga is made) await till the day of Mahalaya to draw the eye of Durga as they think it to be Unaspiciuos to open her eyes before the Devi paksha Begins.
_________________________________________

The picture that I have painted is a dried mud model of devi durga before her eyes have been painted.

Colours used- pastel colours

And here's the painting

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Show some love❤
Feel free to ask me more about mahalaya I would love to tell you more about this festival 💫
Remember to vote and comment ⭐
It makes me really happy 🥺❤
Take love 💙
Keep smilling and keep loving ♡