Chapter 3:

Goooooood morning, I slept in and forgot about lunch with my mom, how's your day going?
Also everyone say Happy birthday to my friend, BlackBerry
————

Bad wrapped his arms around his friend. Skeppy stumbled back, "Whoa! Bad!" He gasped, surprised.

Bad looked at Skeppy, "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Well... Sapnap told me that you guys were going to try and find this place.. and then Tommy overheard, and then Wilbur wouldn't let Tommy go on his own.. and then Tubbo tagged along too." Skeppy explained, looking around.

"So they're here too?" Bad gasped, "How did you get in?!"

Skeppy noticed the others who were sleeping, and then he shushed Bad, "The door was just.. open?"

Bad blinked. He took Skeppy's hand and dragged him down the stairs to the front door. He paused, and then huffed, "The door wouldn't open from the inside.." He frowned.

"What?!" Skeppy shouted, and then went to open the door. Sure enough, the door wouldn't open.

Bad sighed, "Where are Wilbur and—" Bad was cut off by a number of screams. He looked over to see Wilbur, Tommy and Tubbo running from something.

"We gotta get out of here!" Wilbur panted.

Bad's eyes widened and then he rushed them all upstairs to their safe room.

They didn't question Bad, didn't have much of a choice. Skeppy followed behind Bad, glancing back every so often.

Bad pushed everyone into the room, closing the door and locking it once everyone was inside.

Tommy glared at Bad, "Why didn't we just go out the door, it was right there!"

"The door doesn't open from the inside." Skeppy told Tommy, "Now be quiet." He lowered his voice.

Dream said up, grunting. "Bad.. what are these guys doing here?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

Bad turned to Dream, "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up.. Skeppy just showed up and then so did these guys."

Dream tilted his head, "How did they get in..?" He didn't know wether to trust these guys or not.

Bad frowned, "The door opens from the outside, not from the inside."

Skeppy spoke up, "That's bullsh- crap.."

Bad nodded, "We tried to break it down but-"

Everyone turned to Bad and Dream spoke, "Bad, aren't you like.. a demon or something? Can't you break it down?"

Bad was quiet, and then he looked down at the floor, almost ashamed. "My powers haven't been working here..." He admitted, quietly.

Tommy rolled his eyes and stood up, "Well that helps. What was that thing out there?"

Dream shrugged, "We don't know what it is... It's best to stay clear of it. We don't know what it's capable of."

Bad nodded, "Are you guys tired, you should sleep if you are."

Wilbur, Tommy and Tubbo shook their heads. Skeppy just shrugged, "I'll survive."

Bad smiled at Skeppy, "Okay... when the sun is up, we'll all look for a place to leave. There's still two more floors that we haven't really checked yet.

"How do you know that?" Sapnap sat up, staring at Bad.

Bad blinked at Sapnap, "When we first got chased off by that thing.. I found myself up at the top floor." He explained, pointing up.

Sapnap narrowed his eyes at Bad. Bad tilted his head, the look was almost... accusatory. "Sapnap..." He whispered, "You don't think I'm the cause of this, do you?"

"It was your idea to come here.." Sapnap looked away, "But no. I'm not." He huffed. The more he thought about it... that monster was very similar to Bad, and Bad was the one to find the place.. like he knew where it was...

Bad frowned, not believing Sapnap. He would never put his friends in danger.. he stared down at his hands. What if he was the cause of this?

He blinked and then gasped when Skeppy hugged him, "Oh screw off, Sapnap." He growled, "You honestly think that Bad would do this to us? His friends?"

Sapnap shook his head, "No.. sorry. I don't know what I was thinking."

Skeppy huffed, "Hey, Bad. We should go looking for a way out. What do you think?"

Bad forced a weak smile, and nodded, "Okay.." He stood up and looked at Wilbur, "You guys stay here, and lock that door when we leave."

Wilbur tilted his head, "What about when you come back? How would we know it's you?"

Tubbo excitedly raised his hand, "Let's all have a codeword. One that the monster won't figure out."

Bad smiled and nodded, "That's good! Mine will be... C-Cupcakes!"

Skeppy raised an eyebrow, "Cupcakes?"

"Yeah! Muffins is too predictable." He took Skeppy's hand, "Yours will be Muffins."

"I thought you said that was too predictable."

"For me, yes. For you? No way!" Bad laughed, "Okay, let's go." He dragged Skeppy out the door.

He waited until he was sure that Wilbur locked it, and then he and Skeppy made their way up to the third floor.

Bad stopped at the door to another room, "We haven't checked this yet, at least I haven't."

Sleepy nodded and then opened it. In the middle, sat a lone piano. Bad peeked inside and shuddered at the eerieness.

"It's always pianos." Skeppy mumbled and walked inside. Bad followed, looking around.

Skeppy went to the piano, running his fingers along the keys. "Weird.."

"What's weird?" Bad went over.

"It's not dusty or anything." Skeppy said, huffing.

Bad tilted his head, "Weird..?" He shrugged. "Do you see anything else?"

Skeppy shook his head, and his attention shot towards the door. Bad's eyes widened when he saw the creature standing there, growling at them.

"Sk-Skeppy.. we're cornered!" Bad whimpered.

Skeppy glared at the creature, stepping protectively in front of Bad. Bad's gasped and then pulled Skeppy away, narrowly missing an attack from the monster.

They fell back and Bad checked Skeppy over, "Stay back.." He frowned. Skeppy quickly stood up.

"No way, I'm not letting you get hurt by this thing." Skeppy growled, glaring at the creature.

Bad stood as well, "But you're—" Bad was cut off by his own scream as Skeppy was stabbed by some dark energy. "SKEPPY!" He cried out, rushing over.

Bad looked around, and the creature had disappeared. Skeppy coughed, staring down at his hands, covered in his own blood.

"It's okay, Skeppy." Bad told him, "I'll take you back to the others. We'll get you fixed up."

Skeppy's vision blurred, and he looked up at Bad, a smile spread across his face, "Hey, Bad..?" He said, his voice weak.

"Yes, Skeppy?" Bad said, a little too quickly. He pulled his sweater off to try and stop Skeppy's bleeding. "It's going to be okay, Skeppy."

Skeppy cupped Bad's face in his hands, "Bad, I need you to listen to me.. can you do that?" Bad stared at Skeppy. Skeppy pulled Bad closer, "I want you to.. get everyone else out. Okay?" His voice lowered as he felt weaker.

"No.. No I have to get you out too!" Bad shouted, blinking away tears.

Skeppy pulled Bad into a hug, "I... I love you, Bad." He whispered. Bad's breath caught in his throat as he let out a sob.

"Skeppy. No!" He cried, holding onto his friend. "It's going to be okay Skeppy.. It's going to be okay! We'll all make it out together!"