Last Tournament

*Author's Note: This is a relationship building fanfic! Yes, reader might date a guy or two before Atsumu. But rest assured this is a fanfic for Atsumu*

      "Nice job today guys." You smile at them, anxious to return to school so you could shed your disguise. 

      "Thanks Captain." The team echoes in response. 

      The next part of the middle school tournaments would continue tomorrow. Your team was doing great, you could hear the crowds starting to murmur about you. 

      "Apparently we're up against a team with a pair of twins next." Yama tells you as the others follow you both out.

      "Mm I heard of them… Miya right? A grade below us." You hum with a head tilt. 

      "That's right. Apparently a handful." Ichigo speaks up. 

      "It'll be fine. We'll just hunt like always." You breathe, peering about the crowds as your team moves for the bus. 

       "How'd it go?" Mr. Homiko inquires as he opens the bus doors. 

       "Good. We won so we'll be returning here tomorrow." You tell him as your team loads up. "Thanks for coming along to play coach." You add.

       "No problem. You really are a persuasive one. But so are most women." He sighs getting into the driver's seat as you climb on. 

       "Captain. You're going to Ookami High next year too huh?" Kage pokes his head over the back of your seat to send you a smile. 

       "Yep. Most of us are going there next." You nod. 

       "Will you be our captain again?" He grins.

       "I don't think so. I'll be a first year so they'll probably already have a captain." You point out.

       "I guess that's fine. As long as you'll still be our setter I don't care." He hums.

       "Heh. Rest now Kage. We got a long ride ahead of us." You tell him thoughtfully.

       "Right. You too captain." 

       You are ___ Drake. The founder and captain of the Oka Middle school boys volleyball team. You had been shunned by the girl's volleyball team, and to this day you're still not sure why. But that didn't stop you. You gathered some of your neighborhood friends to come play with you. Since they were mostly guys the boy's volleyball team formed. 

       It's been two years since it first started, and next year you will enter highschool with most of them. Turns out you were a pretty good leader, and the guys were easy to work with. You really loved your team. 

       "Captain, you okay?" Yama asks as you remove the wig that hid your long flowing hair.  

       "Yeah… Just feels so restraining with the disguise." You sigh before removing a colored contact from your odd colored eye. 

        "You know we don't care what they say." Michi pipes up. 

        "I know… But I always wanna punch someone when they talk about the team. This just makes it easier." You reply, putting up the contact before stuffing everything in the backpack. The chest wrap would have to wait for home. 

        "Fine whatever you say Drake-san." Kage coos. Your last name did help to hide the fact you were a girl. Only two schools knew, Oka and Rochi. Thanks to some sexist comments from a practice game at Rochi and an almost fight, you decided that hiding your gender was probably for the best.