Home, Sweet Home

Ages

Pucca- 19    Garu- 21    

*Pucca POV*

Me- Here you go Granny.

I hand her here bowl of hot Goh Rong noodles and she detaches the chopsticks to begin eating. I walk away and sigh. It's been 8 months since I last saw Garu. We started dating about a year ago and shortly after that, he was called in for a mission across the globe. 

Uncle Linguini- Pucca, take this to table 6.

I turn and take the plate and bowl. I have frown on my face and look down and sigh.

Uncle Dumpling- Don't worry Sweetheart. He'll come back soon.

Me- I hope so.

Customer- Waitress, over here!

I look up and hurry to give the food out to the people on table 6 and speed walked over to the group of  young teens. I take out my pen and note pad.

Me- Are you ready to order?

Boy # 1- Yes, can I get coconut shrimp?

Girl # 1-  I want seafood dumplings.

Boy # 2- Goh Rong noodles please.

Boy # 3- Spring dumplings.

Girl # 2- Apple pie.

I lose focus when I hear apple pie. Garu's favorite. I begin to get negitive feelings. What if he doesn't come back? What if he's in danger and no one is there to help him? What if he found someone new? My eyes begin to water.

Girl # 2- Hey, miss. Are you ok?

I blush and shake my head.

Me- I'm fine, thank you. So coconut shrimp. seafood dumplings, Goh Rong noodles, spring dumplings and an apple pie?

Boy # 2- Yes.

Me- Your food will be out shortly. Excuse me.

I turn and walk to my uncles and tell them the list.

Uncle Ho- So?

Me- Coconut shrimp. seafood dumplings, Goh Rong noodles, spring dumplings and an apple pie.

I wipe my eyes clean and they notice.

Uncle Ho- Were they being rude? We will ask them to leave.

They begin to walk out of the kitchen. I stand in front of them.

Me- No! I just started thinking about Garu and got sad....

Uncle Linguini lifted up my chin and looked me in the eye.

Uncle Linguini- Apple pie?

I pout and shed a tear. 

Me- Garu's favorite.

Uncle Dumpling- Don't worry, I promise he'll be back soon.

He winked and they led me to the door.

Uncle Ho- Why don't you go hang out with Ching and Abyo? They asked us this morning  if you could go hang out with them.

I nod and skip over to Ching's house. As I get to her house I can hear her talking to someone on the phone. Abyo's next to her.