Always and Forever

1 and a half years later :

I sat on my chair , tapping my pencil quietly against the table in front of me as my professor droned on and on about a life experience he had, had when he was in college.
It had something to do with a love interest of his that had inspired him to write. He was a
published author and his books were actually pretty good. He had five best sellers.

And don't get me wrong , I enjoyed his classes but today I was particularly distracted. It was Mew and I's first year anniversary.

I told him I could stay home and spend the day with him but he insisted that I go class and he would see me after. And although he was right, I just wanted to stay in bed with him all day.
Everyday I went to school, it helped distract me when Mew was at work.  Even after a year being together ,it wasn't any easier being away from him for  any amount of time.

I had been through more in this single year of my life than I had been in  the entirety of it.
So much change,
So much...

I hadn't talked to my mom in about six months although she tried . She was aware that Brandon, Robby- was my father
and Mew was not. I had told her over the phone and as soon as the words left my lips she was quiet for so long I had thought
that she had hung up on me.

She apologized, of course. I forgave her this time. Because honestly, I doubted that she ever really know who my father really was. If she did, it didn't matter anymore. I was happy, Mew was happy... My father was happy.

Robby and I had only grown closer and closer . I had met my grandparents and his sister,my aunt. It was tearful reunion that Mew attended with me.

The three of us were tight as ever. And Robby approved of Mew and I. He told me that he knew Mew would take care of me
and treat me the way deserved to be treated.

Everyone knew now about Mew and I. He refused to keep it to himself. He had to let the world know how much he loved, that I was his fiance . We didn't get bad.
publicity like I had thought we would. The worst they said was
that he was way too old for me.
That he should be with someone more polished and 'mature'.

Surprisingly that didn't offend me. Mew and I laughed it off.

They could talk all they wanted. It actually made me feel better.
Everyone knew, they knew that Mew was mine and I was his.

I had only started college classes about a month and a half ago. I was no longer under age high school student. It added another sense of comfort to my relationship with Mew. He wouldn't get into trouble.

For a little while after Mew proposed ,I only wore my ring inside the house.  I had this terrible fear that Mew would get in  trouble even though he wasn't my father.

It wasn't only my age and Mew's reputation on the line but I believe that my brain was trained to be cautious. And even though things were more sound now ,I knew they would get even better in the future. The older I got... After we got married ... When we have children to adopt too.

"Mr. Kanawut, someone's in  the front office for you." My professors voice broke through my thoughts . I was surprised that it had even gotten through.

"Y-yes sir." I got up quickly, throwing my back over my shoulder. I already knew who was here. It wouldn't be anyone else.

As soon as I walked into the office, Mew was standing there with a bouquet of roses.
I didn't acknowledge any other
face around us. My eyes were only for him and when I was  wrapped in his arms, all felt right again.

"I thought you were working?" I whispered hotly into his ear .

"On our anniversary ? Baby boy ,
You know me better than that. " I giggled as he nipped my ear with his teeth. And he was right, I had  a feeling he was up to something.