Chapter 5

"Actually there is something I have to tell you" Victoria sat there nervously tapping her thumbs together. "What?" I asked. I was nervous, what could possibly be making her so nervous? She slowly looks up at me, her eyes wide, "I'm pregnant" Thousands of emotions flushed over me at that moment. I wasn't sure if I heard her right. I replayed those two words over and over in my head. Could it be true? Was I really going to be a father? She stared at me like I was mass murder. "Well... say something" Tears started to form in her eyes. I grabbed her and hugged her tighter than I ever have. When I pulled her away the tears were gone and all that remained was a large smile. "I can't believe this, I'm going to be a dad" It sounded so odd saying those words, hearing them spill from my lips. I am going to be a dad. Victoria kissed me. "We are going to be a family" she said with a wide grin. I froze, I don't know the first thing about being a parent, raising kids. But then a question popped into my head. "Wait, didn't we use a condom?" "Yeah, maybe it broke or something" Victoria got up from her seat beside me on the couch and ran to finish the dishes. "Let me do it, you should rest" "Spencer, I have the next 9 months to rest, I'm fine" I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I kissed her neck as she scrubbed food off the plates. "Do you mind?" she said with a laugh in her voice. "I can't believe we are going to have a baby" I whispered in her ear. "You won't be saying that after the first few months" she turned around to face me "diaper changing, waking up all night, crying constantly, trust me it's a nightmare" "I don't care, I will love him or her no matter what" She smiled at the ground and turned around and stuck her hands in the soapy water. After that we went to bed. The nightmares were getting better, especially now that I have something to take my mind off them. Instead I dreamt about the future, about my soon to be complete family. I have always wanted kids, it feels so much different then I thought it would. I am more nervous than anything. Something could go wrong, with the baby, with Victoria, anything could happen. But I can't think like that, I have to be positive for Victoria, nothing is going to happen.

I wake up to Victoria throwing cloths at my face. "What's happening?" "Well, today is your only day ff this week so we are going for an ultrasound. Now hurry up the appointment is in an hour!" I jump out of bed and throw on my cloths and rush out to the kitchen. I can't believe it, I'm going to see my baby today, well on a monitor. Victoria grabs her purse and is out the door before I can put my belt on. "Victoria slow down!" She pokes her head in through the door. "Sorry, I'm just so excited" I slip my shoes on and follow her out the door. We drive to the hospital. We get there 10 minutes before our appointment so we sit in the waiting room. There were pictures of cartoon elephants, and bears all over the walls. I turn to Victoria who looked nervous. I grab her clammy hand. "You okay?" "Yeah I'm fine" she says without making eye contact. "Are you sure?" "Yes Spencer I am fine!" she snaps "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shout, it's just, I never thought I would have this day, and now I'm in the waiting room with the man that I love so much and a baby growing inside me, it's a lot to take in" I squeeze her hand. "It will be okay, and I'll be with you the whole time" She kisses me just as the doctor calls her name. She gave me a smile and we both stood up and followed the doctor to another room. Victoria laid down on the hospital bed and I sat in the chair beside her. I started getting nervous. This is actually happening. "Hello Mrs. Price, my name is Dr. Reynolds, could you please lift up your shirt?" Victoria pulled up her shirt and the doctor seemed surprised at the scar on her stomach but just shrugged it off. "Okay, this is going to be really cold" He put the gel on her stomach and rubbed the machine on it. Suddenly a blurry back and white picture appeared on the screen. I grabbed her hand as tears formed in my eyes. It was my child, and it was growing inside of my beautiful girlfriend. "Would you like to know the gender?" Victoria looks up at, her eyes say it all. "No, we could like it to be a surprise" Victoria says. The doctor prints out the paper with the babies picture on it. I stared at it for at least 3 minutes before anyone said anything. I kiss Victoria on the forehead as she puts the picture in her purse.

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. I roll over in the bed and turn it off. I throw on my cloths and grab a bagel on my way out the door. I left a note for Victoria. "Went to work, see you when I get home, love you" I peaked in on her sleeping. She was cuddled up on a pillow. I softly closed the bedroom door and walked out of my house. It was still dark outside but there were a lot of cars on the road. I finally made my way up to the BAU office and made myself a coffee. I packed it full of sugar and sat down at my desk. Morgan walked over looking like he hadn't slept all night. "With the big smile on your face?" "What smile?" I asked taking a sip out of my coffee. "Oh don't play dumb with me, that's the one thing your not good at" That made me smile even wider "Come on now spit it out!" "There is nothing to tell" I got up from my desk to go wash my coffee mug. When I finish Morgan comes over followed by everyone else on the team. "Now they want to know too" Morgan can be such a dick sometimes. "What is it Spence?" JJ asks in her motherly voice. I huff a puff of air and sit down in the nearest chair. "I wanted to wait till a little later to tell you guys this but..." I paused. How were they going to react? How would the baby effect my job? "Victoria and I are having a baby" The expressions on everyone faces were shock. Everyone was smiling but didn't say anything. Kind of how I reacted. JJ was the first to stand up. "Oh my gosh Spencer that's amazing" She wraps me in for a big hug. So does everyone else. Morgan sits in the chair with the same expression on his face when everyone walks away. He approaches me with a smirk on his face. "I guess I'm going to have you prettyMAN now" I laughed as he put his hand on my shoulder and we walked back to our desks.