Chapter 5

HEY! Vote pleasee?

Chapter 5: "New Boy Toy"

"Kang Taehyun?!"

Beomgyu looked at the woman who bursted the door open of Taehyun's hospital room. He stayed quiet as the woman walked towards Taehyun and talked to the sleeping boy.

Later on, the woman turned to him who he concluded as Taehyun's mother. Looks like he's meeting his in-law earlier than expected-- In-laws?! What the fuck, Choi Beomgyu?!

"You are Taehyun's..?"

"We aren't friends, Ma'am." he said not looking in her eyes. He stood up and fixed his cap. "I'll be going, Ma'am." he was forced to address 'Ma'am' to the lady, he doesn't respect nor care about other people who thinks that he is a rude person, but the other way round happened after meeting Taehyun's mom.

Beomgyu was about to step out when she grabbed her and made him sit in the couch again. "Don't leave yet, what's your name, mister?"

Beomgyu sighed mentally. "Beomgyu. Choi Beomgyu, Ma'am."

Mrs. Kang nodded. "Oh," she pointed Beomgyu, "Perhaps, you know Choi Soobin? I think you're both connected to my baby Tae." she sat down beside Taehyun and started to peel an orange.

How did Taehyun know Soobin? Am I right? Or Taehyun was just dragged into this mess? Its impossible that Taehyun is a gang member. Right?!

"Uh, actually," Mrs. Kang looked at him while eating orange. "He's a close friend of mine." he cleared his throat.

"Great then! Why won't you come over next week on our house? I'll tell Taehyun to bring Soobin so you'll have little bondings! Aw, my poor baby," she caressed Taehyun's hair.

"Ma'am," he cleared his throat again, "Why are you inviting me to come over?"

"Because why not?"

I guess Taehyun got his attitude from his mom. Ugh.

"I mean, we are not even friends."

"Oh, aren't you my baby's boyfriend?"

WHAT?!

"Taehyun has great standards! Why aren't he telling me that he got himself a boyfriend? When did you meet--"

"Uh ma'am!" he cut off Mrs. Kang.

"Yes?" she smiled sweetly.

"We are not boyfriends. Nor friends," he tried to smile, after seeing Mrs. Kang frown.

"Aww, apologies, Beomgyu. Taehyun did not have boyfriends or girlfriends since then. I wanted him to feel loved by another person too."

That's just right. No relationships, no heartbreaks.

"If you didn't know, Taehyun is in love with his books, everytime in everyday you'll see him in a spot reading quietly."

Pretty obvious.

He forgot that he needs to leave. "Ma'am, I really need to go." he stood up.

"Why? Don't you want Taehyun to see you when he wakes up?"

I'd rather not.

"He'll be glad."

Really? But who am I kidding.

"Uh, something urgent.. came up."

...

"Mom, I'm already fine, geez." Taehyun was reading a book again.