twenty six

taehyung.

his long time best friend.

flashback

"tae, im sorry–"

"shut up!" taehyung said, slamming the table. "stop calling me tae."

jungkook could only watch the male walk away. he chases up to taehyung.

"it's not how it looks like."

"oh it definitely looks like what i see." taehyung said sarcastically.

taehyung then held jungkook on his shoulders tightly. he gave jungkook a menacing glare.

"even if you say a million words of an apology, it's never going to heal the pain you cause."

-

since that day, the two stopped being in contact.

jungkook will only wait for taehyung's call. or his messages.

but none came.

he sighed, a lone tear falling from his eyes.

"i really didn't mean to do it."

-

that day, jungkook decided to just go to work earlier, so that he can clear his mind of taehyung.

when he opened the door, he went to the counter and prepared what was neccassary.

then, the door opened and in came a man.

"sorry, but we're not ready for–"

the man smiles at him. "can i have some paint?"

"what?"

"paint." the man repeats.

paint? this is a candy shop for fuck sake.

"um...this is a candy shop." jungkook answered.

"i see you have some paints over there." the man said, pointing to the far corner.

fair enough, there were cans of paint there.

"what do you need them for?" jungkook asked.

the man rolled his eyes.

"don't ask so many questions, just give me the paint. i'll pay you."

seeing the impatient look on the man's face, he decided to just hand over the man the paint that he bought two weeks ago.

"that'll be...30000 won." jungkook said.

the man hastily passed him the money as he grabbed the paint and left.

"what an odd man." jungkook muttered. "the paint shop is literally 2 shops away."

-

after an hour of having no customers at all, he was starting to get bored.

he made his way towards the storage room when he heard strange dragging sounds.

his eyes perk at the sound of it. what was that?

he heard a man grumbling to himself, like he was carrying something heavy.

"is that a thief?" jungkook wondered to himself loudly.

he immediately opens the door wide, and his jaw dropped to the sight.

taehyung was being choked by the man that just bought paint from him.

"j-jungkook..." taehyung gasped before the man stabbed him.

jungkook gasps as he saw him, falling to the ground, dead.

the man grumbles as he glared at jungkook.

"you just ruined the fun. no one gets away after ruining my fun time."

jungkook immediately ran away, he pushed the door opened as he dashed down the street.

but he didn't feel anyone following him.

when he turned behind, there was no one.

little did he knew, he was the next target on the clown killer's list.

end of flashback.

"i just watched him die." jungkook mumbled softly. "i couldn't even save him."

before they knew it, he was crying. he bury his face into his hands.

"i-i didn't even get the chance to apologise to him and he just left like that..."

yoongi frowned. he remembered taehyung talking about an ex friend but he didn't know it was jungkook.

what happened that cause the two to fight?

before he could ask, namjoon was already cutting him off.

"now's your chance jungkook." he said. "if you assist us in this, you can avenge taehyung's death."

jungkook only stared at him blankly. should he?

"kookie, i think you should listen to him." yeri said. "we don't want anymore innocent people dying."

after a few moments, jungkook nodded.

"fine. but it's because of taehyung." jungkook said getting up.

namjoon smiled. "excellent!"

as the others began to leave the house except for yeri, yoongi decided to leave the question he had been wanting to ask.

maybe next time.