Being with you

Chapter 18

"Who's this car ?" I ask looking around the small car. "My cousin's." "Oh, that makes me fell better about the bra in the backseat." "What ?" He says trying to turn around to see it. "Do you think he'll mind if I keep it ?" I joke and he laughs. "I don't think so."

We keep talking, till we get closer to the center. The streets were more crowded, and the buildings were bigger. We suddenly stop in front of a big restaurant, surrounded of expensive cars. Zayn parks the car and quickly jumps off and comes open my door. "Thank you." I say and he holds my hand. "Malik." He says to the woman from the restaurant, and she guides us to our table.

Our seats are in the corner, where wasn't too loud. We seat in front of each other, and he smiles at me. I then look around and see a few people looking at me disapprovingly and I start to get self conscious with it. "What's the matter ?" Zayn asks. "Nothing, it's just that....people are staring at me." I say looking down at myself. "I'm sorry, this was they most fancy thing I had on my closet." I say looking down at myself. I should really stop being stubborn and go out shopping with my mom. "Alex. Don't be sorry, there's nothing wrong with the way you're dressed. If they have a problem they can talk to me." He say smiling at me. "Okay." I smile at him in a thankful way.

The waiter gives us the menus and I almost spit the water in my mouth when I see the prices. "Zayn, this is...way too expensive !" "Don't worry, that's my problem tonight." He says smiling at me. "But...." "You're going to order yourself, or I'm going to have to chose for you ?" He asks not bothering to hear me. "I'll chose." I say like I child.

After all I ask for a plate that's too hard to pronounce, with vegetables and meat. "Do you come here a lot ?" I ask looking around. "No. I usually come to Christmas. My grandma really likes here. She says that we need to be classy for at least once in the year." "My grandma think that all we need to be together, but she doesn't really like crowded spaces." "My other grandma thinks the same. What about yours ?" "I never met my other grandmother." "She died before you were born ?" "I've never been introduced to her, neither to my dad." I say calmly, but he seems kind of shocked, and with pity of me. "I'm sorry Alex." "Don't be Zayn. It's not like I want to meet the man that said he didn't want anything with his still unborn child." "And my mom said he wasn't that pretty." I joke to light up the mood in the table and he smiles again. "So your mom must be really pretty to make someone like pretty as you." I fell my cheeks flush, and I look down, maybe that way he won't notice that I look like a tomato.

Luckily the waiter brings our food, and we change the subject. After that we talk about his family and a few other things. And the whole time he's smiling at me, taking away the breath of my lungs.

After we finished the desert he paid for our food, even tho I insisted that we would at least share, but he wouldn't let me pay.

"Did you like the diner ?" He asks when we enter the car. "Yes. The food was wonderful." "I'm glad you liked." He says and starts the car. "So...I was thinking, since nobody said anything about the time you should get home, I have somewhere else to take you." "Really ? Where would that be ?" I ask curious. "Not far from here." "Let me guess, you're not going to tell me ?" "Yes." "Tell me Zayn. I wanna know where we're going !" "You'll see." I whine in disappointment and he laughs at me. "Zayn, are you taking me to a bank or something like that ?" I ask when we enter one of the principals avenues of the city, where most of the buildings are huge, and commercial. He laughs like he was expecting my question. He turns on the left and we enter a garage. He goes up till the last floor. "Here we are." "You wanted to show me a few expensive cars ?" I ask when we jump off of the car. "Or steal one ?" I continue. "Just come with me." He says after grabbing a blanket of the car. I ignore it. I already made a lot of questions.