1. First Impressions

It was a rainy day in your hometown. The splashes on the ground from your shoes are being soaked up my the cuff of your pants. You have an umbrella, but the weather is cold and scary nonetheless. While trying to come home from work, you decided to take a shortcut home. You go through this alley, but it seems like a ghost town. 

As your walking, quickly, you hear a voice from behind, "Are you lost?" You turn around to see a handsome boy, seems about your age. He has blonde and black hair. His smug smile and brown eyes could entrance you. He has broad shoulders with a shirt that's moist enough to cling to his upper chest muscles. He seems charming even while he's throwing away his trash right now. But you don't let your guard down. 

"No I'm fine," you reply and keep walking. The rain was pretty heavy and you were visibly shivering. He stares at you, "The weathers pretty bad. If you'd like, you could wait it out in my home? It's right there." He points at the house next to you. You take a few seconds to think while shivering. Is this a stranger? Yes. But does he seem friendly enough to give you some shelter for waiting out the rain? Yes. You nod your head to his offer. 

Both of you head into his house, and you notice a smell almost immediately. You ask, "What's that smell?" He responds, "I'm making some stew. Are you hungry?" You nod your head and smile. He leads you into the kitchen and says, "You can sit here as I finish." "I can help you," you offer. He smiles, "Sure." You guys set up the table and finish off the stew to eat for dinner. 

You walk over to the table and he comes up behind you to pull your chair out. He says, "Here." "Thanks," you replied. As your eating, you notice how rich the meat in the stew is. You ask, "What meat is this?" He smirks for a second, "It's a mix of beef and lamb, to make it rich. I like the mix of their fats together, boils down really well." You respond, "Its really good." He says, "Thank you, I've been using this recipe for quiet some time now. It's...special." You take another spoonful of stew and chew the meat in your mouth. It's tastes like nothing you've tasted before. 

Once the two of you finish eating, you help him clean up the table and kitchen. He looks at the window and says, "The weather is still bad so how about we watch TV?" You say, "Oh I don't want to be to much of a bot-" "It's ok, I have nothing to do today, no worries," he interrupts. You look out the window at the pouring rain and thunder striking in different parts of the horizon. "Sure, I'll stay for a bit longer," you sighed. 

He leads you to the living room, both of you sitting on the ends of the couch. He turns on the news program for some background noise as the two of you talk. You ask, "What's your name? I don't think I caught it earlier." He says, "It's Sangwoo, and what's yours?" "Y/n," you replied. He asks, "So what do you do for work? Or are you a student? You do seem fairly young." You say, "Oh, I work and go to school. But I'm not a full time student or anything. How about you?" 

He says, "I was a student but I dropped out of University. And now I work at a bar. But where do you work?" You say, "I work retail, at (your fav store)." He says, "Wow that's nice. Maybe I'll come visit one day if I go to the mall." You smile, "I'll greet you with a smile. If you don't mind me asking, why'd you drop out of college?" 

He responds, "My parents died and I had a bit of a hard time after that. So I dropped out of school and threw myself into work. And when I'm on my day off, I'm usually just home. Like right now." You say, "I'm sorry for your loss Sangwoo." You put a hand on his shoulder and he says, "Thank you. It's gotten a lot better recently though." You remove your hand and say, "That's good." 

There's an awkward pause between the two of you. He says, "Sorry, I didn't mean to bring the mood down so much. Anyways, how was your day today?" You guys keep talking and see that the weather is getting better eventually. You see the rain has stopped and stand up. You say, "I should head out now. Thank you for everything!" You give him a hug and he hugs you back. He says, "Yeah, no problem." 

He walks you to the door and he says, "Y/n, could I get your number?" You blush a little, "Sure it's (whatever it is)." He types it into his phone and smiles once finished. You say, "Thank you again, goodbye." He says bye and waves you away. You walk to your apartment, jumping into small puddles when you can. You get home and lay on the couch. You let out a loud sigh from the tiring day you've had of work and social interaction. "He's nice," you think to yourself.