prologue

Dark grey clouds had started rolling in, rain falling from the sky and mixing with the blood on the ground. The weather seemed to reflect the tragedy that had taken place here. This seemed like the start of a very cliche novel. However I didn't notice any of it. I was too busy watching the nightmare that was replaying in my head over and over again. Except that this wasn't a dream. This was real.

There were bodies everywhere. My friends and professors scattered around the school. Neville was still holding on to the gryffindor sword. His eyes were empty and there was dried blood on his neck where his throat had been slit with a cutting curse. Hermione and Ron looked like they were holding each other. The Carrows had been torturing Hermione and Ron ran over to help her. It didn't end well. Professor Snape was probably still in the boat house. Mrs. Weasley had been killed by Bellatrix and Mr. Weasley got the same fate after trying to revenge her. George had joined his twin. 

Many other students were strewn all over the courtyard. Some of them I knew, most I didn't. It made me realise how many of those students that I attended Hogwarts with, I never looked twice at. For the past almost seven years my world had revolved around the Gryffindors. The house rivalry had affected me aswell even if I never acknowledged it. I should have tried harder. I wanted to know what it was like to be friends with the loyal puffs. I wanted to understand how much the ravens valued their knowledge. Maybe I could have even made friends with the snakes that I would have belonged with if I hadn't argued with the sorting hat. Maybe if I had a better first experience with Draco and had learned of the magical world from someone else than Hagrid and Ron, I would've gone to my true house. I could have shown them that I believed in them and that just because they were sorted into Slytherin,  it didn't mean that they had to be dark and follow in their parents' footsteps. And I could have shown everyone else, that not all slytherins were evil. Why did they have to do this. We fought to end the war that people before our time had started. A teenager had to kill someone that grown wizards couldn't defeat. If the ministry had actually tried to end the war instead of focusing on Dumbledore, Hogwarts and keeping their image, maybe they could have prevented this.

However, the other side of this battle - that would later be known as the battle of Hogwarts- had suffered aswell. The death eaters' bodies were lying next to our own. Some of their masks had fallen off revealing the faces behind them. The magic that had held them in place long gone. The ones that were still alive had fled long ago for fear of returning to Azkaban or most likely receiving  the dementors kiss. The aurors would no doubt start hunting them down later when things had died down. When the grief had passed. If it ever would.

Even some Acromantulas and trolls could be seen. The Acromantulas' legs curling into their chest as all spiders do when they die. The trolls were mostly decapitated as they were so hard to kill otherwise.

By now the rain had started to seep through my clothes and I started to get up from the ground. My legs were weak, my knees shaking and I felt like I would drop to the ground any minute. Blood loss, exhaustion and the trauma were starting to take their toll on me. I slowly started walking into the castle; past the great hall where the healers were looking after the injured and where some of the deceased had already been carried to.

I continued walking all the way to the Gryffindor tower and into my dorm room. I looked around for a moment. It still looked the same, only now there were dozens of newspapers all over the floor. Most likely they had been looking for any sightings of us and the other Order members. I went back downstairs into the common room. Suprisingly there was still a fire burning in the fireplace. I sat down in the soft armchair that everyone always fought over, because it was the comfiest place to sit in. I looked at the fire for a moment. The flickering flames seemed to create shadows of the students that had sat in this room over the years. Like their silhuettes had been ingrained into the walls. After a moment I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. They would never open to this world again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you guys think this is worth continuing?