Chapter 49

Ray POV

Thea? Wasn't she in coma?

"Yes, Owen it's me." She says boldly.

She steps forward, right infront of Owen's car, which has it's headlights on. As soon as I look at her, my inferiority complex gets the best out of me. She is slim and tall, 2 inch shorter than me. She has intimidating grayish blue eyes and long brunette hair. Atleast, that is what I can see right now. The way she holds herself as she walks, boldly, is quite graceful.

I look at the boys who are astound looking at Thea, except Liam. Liam stood behind Thea smirking. Liam looks at Harry, when Harry looks back at him confused, to which Liam smiles, conveying that he'll tell him later.

"But, you were..."

"Dead?" Thea snorts. "Only in your dreams."

"Uh, if she's alive then why are you guys behind me?" Owen asks.

"Because I wasn't the one who was shot that night!" Thea exclaims. "You killed my sister."

"Fine," Owen grits. "If that's what you want. I'll race against you." He gets in the car and drives off to the starting point.

"But T, are you sure you want to race? I mean you are still weak," Liam asks.

"Relax Liam. I'm not gonna race," she says.

"What? Then..." Niall speaks at the same time Thea does. "Ray will drive instead of me, but when loses I'm gonna shoot him."

"What?" Zayn asks. "And what if you guys lose?"

"I will be his bait," Thea says.

"No, you won't," I speak and walk towards her. "I will be."

"But,"

"One, I'm driving and I can't let him kill you only because I lost. And two, I'm wearing bullet proof jacket. So if anything happens to me, it might just be for Owen to assume that I'm dead. And besides, his brakes are gonna fail anyway." I reason.

Yes. According to the plan, when Harry was below Owen's car, he cut the cable of the brakes just like Owen did with Harry's car.

When Liam looks at Harry questioningly, Harry shrugs and says, "We just modified the plan a little bit."

"Alright, fine." Thea agrees. "But, promise me that I can trust you to win this and nothing happens to you. I don't want Harry here to be mad at me for the rest of my life. Or you can just give me the jacket."

"I promise you, I'll be fine." I smile.

"We can't trust the guy, I'll go with you in the car." Thea says.

"No, you won't." Shaw speaks. "I'll go with her. He wouldn't try to do anything if I'm in the car with her."

"And why do you think that?" Liam asks.

"Because I'm his brother." Shaw reasons. "And can't you see, all of this is happening because of me. Give me a chance to redeem myself. "

Owen honks the horn of his car, indicating that he is getting frustrated, waiting for us.

"Let's go." I say, jumping on the driver's seat. Shaw joins me on the passenger's seat.

"Take this," he hands me a pair of gloves and helmet. I put that on while he does the same.

I cruise the car to the starting point, beside Owen's car, while all the others walked over to us.

"Thea? Got scared, huh?" Owen taunts, looking at her.