Short Story

Today's my last day of senior year and I've got no clue how to take it. This is the end of my high school years. I'm walking through the halls and I see a couple of my friends walk by and I wave. I continue to walk and reminisce about everything that happened within these walls. My fingers trace the wall where my boyfriend and I first met. Across the hall in classroom 204 is where we did the musical together. Everything that happened here made me who I am today and I am so thankful for that. I am stronger from the heartbreaks and new friendships and even hardships I have completed. Everything here was just as perfect as can be. Until I remember what happened freshman year...

*Freshman Year*

"Get home safe!" I call to my friend Diamond. She nods and waves at me as we walk away from each other. It is about 6 p.m seeing as we just finished rehearsals. I text my mom to let her know I was on the way home. I slip in my headphones, put my broadway playlist on, and put my phone in my jacket pocket. I place my hand over my phone in my pocket to protect it and because it was a bit chilly outside. I'm walking down the alley to the train when I notice a dark shadow behind me. What the hell? I keep walking to the train without turning around, without giving out that I know that someone is behind me. I arrive at the steps of the train and everything goes dark. I try to kick and grab my mace but I wasn't fast enough.

I wake up in a red room full of pictures. My immediate thought is. Are there any pictures of me? Then I look around and think. Where the hell is my bag? My jacket? Where am I? Right as I thought that last one someone walks in.

"Well, Well, Well. Serenity Gonzalez. Such a pleasure" he says. Or she?

"How do you know my name?" I stand up and realize I'm tie free. Why would they leave my hands and feet open to do anything I want?

"I know everything about you." I shiver as they walk over to where I'm standing. They slowly pass their hand through my hair. I smack their hand away. But look intensively to their face. It's a man. I can see his gnarly features. I pull away and turn around. Clearly I'm not going to get anywhere by being nice. I look around and realize that all of the pictures up are of me. Some naked and some closeups of different parts of my body. I shudder.

"I'm going to get out of here and THAT'S a promise!" I stomp to the other side of the room and look at all the pictures. The man leaves and I'm once again left alone....

*End Of Reminisce*

I'm crying by the time I finish thinking about what happened. I walk into the bathroom and wipe my eyes. And that's when I see him. The boy who broke my heart Freshman Year and was the actual person who took those pictures of me. I can't believe he's in here right now. I walk out thankful for what lessons I have been taught since Freshman Year....