4 : Unfold

For strange reasons, when the entire world could sleep, I could hardly find it even for few hours. I stayed in my room itself on the floor resting my back to the cupboard. The two girls were peacefully sleeping on the bed. It was almost six in the morning and I knew mom would be up any time now. I moved slowly to the bed to wake Vivian up, slow so that I did not disturb Riva.

"We should leave, sun is on his way. " I whispered into her ears. She turned straight still her eyes closed. Even while sleeping Vivian had that smile on. I smiled looking at her face and stood back. I did not know how to wake her up.

I moved to the window which was by her side and slowly opened it to let in the sun rays fall on her already glowing skin. She cringed her face and I chuckled looking at her. She tried covering her face, but finally gave in and got up.

Her eyes, half closed yet, hair messed than regular she sat with the cringe still on her face. I went to her side and snapped my fingers to wake her.

"Oh! I should be leaving now. " she stood up on the bed rubbing her eyes. Due to the fluffiness of the bed and because of her history of being clumsy, she tripped and like always I had to catch her in my arms. The moment she fell in arms, she had that silly smile on her face and started staring me in awe.

I landed her on the floor and without making eye contact, I gave her jacket and opened the window for her to get down the way she had come. As we were about to move, Vivian bent to kiss Riva on her cheeks. Riva was in deep sleep and was totally unaware of what had happened. I was glad she was unaware.

I pushed Vivian towards the window and pointed her to get down. She wiggled her tongue out and stepped out of the room. Carefully she landed down and I followed her. I asked her to stay by the road end and took my car till there. Her grand parents stayed a few streets away from us and I dropped her at the beginning of a road where she said she stayed. On dropping her, not even waiting for a moment, I drove back without waving her a bye as well.

Viv's POV :

"Such a meanie!" I told myself as I saw him move swift.

"How could he not turn back and wave at me while leaving?" I questioned myself and moved home.

I entered the simple and small Ross' Villa, well I had named it that looking at how beautifully it was maintained. The small brown wooden gates led to a garden and a pavement in between that led to the door of the grey house. The lush green in the garden had few shrubs planted and many flowering plants. My favourite of the lot were the white lilies and the yellow tulips. The best part of the garden were the colourful butterflies. I could spend all day long chasing them.

I entered the house hearing the wind chime tingle.

"Where had my angel been all day long?" A stern voice came from the sofa opposite to me. A sweet man, in his early sixties reading the news paper. I went to him and hugged him from behind and gave a kiss on his cheek. It was my grand father who had fought with my mom to get me to here stay with them. I meant the world to him.

"I slept over at a friend's place . we had been for a movie last night and it was too late for me to come back home. So I had to stay there. I am sorry I couldn't inform you pops." I had to lie to him.

"That's alright Viv. Keep me informed. Other wise my better half will take the remaining life out of me. " he winked at that. My grand father whom I affectionately called pops, was the most romantic person I had ever seen.

I chuckled and went to my room to freshen up. I had college to attend. Damein was true, I happily invited problems. Getting into two tiffs in a single day was a great deal of honour to me. I laughed at my self and mocked my head. As I was getting ready, granny shouted for breakfast.