Twenty-Six

(Year 4)

Moody walks into the room and everyone is terrified of him. I just sit there. He knows a lot about the dark arts. He gets people thrown into Azkaban because of it too. Makes sense honestly.

"Today, we'll be talking about the particular curses today. I bet some of you know what they are" Moody said.

Yeah, I've heard of them. They're definitely unforgivable alright. And they honestly scare the crap out of me.

"Malfoy, tell me what they're called" Moody said.

"The Unforgivable Curses" He said. He nodded once, and then moved on to the next kid.

"Longbottom, do you know one" He asked. Why would he call on Neville? Out of all people? Why him?

"Um, the Imperius Curse, sir" He said.

"Ah yes" Moody said. "This curse places the victim in a trance, leaving him in complete control of the person that casted the spell" Moody said. "Why don't we see an example" He said and turned around. What?

"Sir" I heard Hermione say. "If you perform any of these spells, you'll go straight to Azkaban" Hermione said.

"Not if they don't catch me" Moody said pulling out a huge spider. I gasped, and jumped at the sight. I had a terrible fear of spiders and clowns, just like Ron.

"Oh my god" I whispered.

"Imperio!" He shouted and pointed at the spider. Where ever he moved his wand, the spider moved with it. He bounced the spider along the kids heads in the room. I saw it land on Ron's head and he screamed like a little girl.
I laughed along with Hermione. Draco laughed loudly and Moody made the spider jump on his FACE! He screamed and looked at Goyle telling him to get it oof. I couldn't stop laughing until it got closer to me. I moved away from it.

"Oh, Miss Lodge you don't like the spider?" Moody asked moving the spider closer to me.
I got up from my seat and backed away from it.

"Please, don't, sir" I begged.

"You afraid?" He asked, amused.

I nodded slowly. He laughed and placed the spider on my head. I screamed and fell backwards. I landed in someone's lap and I heard Moody laughing historically.
Nobody else was really laughing though, only Parkinson. "What a freak" I heard Pansy say.
I glared at her and looked up at Draco since I fell on his lap. Of course.

"Hello, love" He smiled showing off some of his pearly white teeth. I blushed, and got off his lap.

"Miss Lodge, why don't you tell me about the second curse" He asked. I sat down in my seat and crossed my arms. I didn't answer him, I just looked at the ground. "Not answering are we?" He asked. I didn't respond, and felt everybody's eyes on me. "Well, Miss Lodge. You can either answer my question, or if you want I could get the spider back out" He said.
I looked up at him, and I saw Hermione glaring at him out of the corner of my eye.

"Sir, that's unfair!" I heard Draco shout.

"Oh is it, Mr. Malfoy?" Moody asked.

"You can't do that to her, she obviously doesn't like the spider. You can't make her answer the question by torturing her with the stupid spider" He said. "You know you can get in trouble for this so just leave her alone".

Moody didn't respond to the question, but he just looked around. "Weasley, tell me" He said. I looked at Draco, and lightly smiled towards him, as if saying thanks. He nodded knowing what I meant, and then I looked back at Ron.

"Uh, The Cruciatus Curse, sir" He said.

Moody nodded once, again. "I bet you'll be able to tell what the curse is" Moody said looking at me, almost as if he was smirking. "Crucio!" He shouted and pointed his wand at the spider. It started shrieking, and moving around on the desk. I looked away, I couldn't stand to see animals being tortured. I hated it, even if it was an animal I didn't like.
I looked at Neville and he looked traumatized.

"STOP!" I shouted. "CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S HURTING HIM! STOP!" I shouted.

He stopped, and then put the spider back in the jar. He walked over to me, and looked down at me. "Miss Lodge. If you'd be so kind to tell us the last curse" He said.

I had tears in my eyes, and I looked away. He raised one eyebrow, and then looked at Bonnie. "Miss Blackburn?" He asked. I just stared at him, how could he be so heartless? "Very well then" He said and walked over to the spider.

He pulled it out of the jar, and held it still. "The Killing Curse" He announced. I looked away once again, I couldn't watch this. I bit my lip, and closed my eyes. "Avada Kedavra!" He shouted.
I opened my eyes and saw the spiders lifeless body lying on my desk. I felt tears starting to form in my eyes, I looked away and tried not to cry. I heard the bell ring, and I got up with all my stuff and was the first one to walk out of the classroom. I officially hate Moody.

"Lodge!" I heard Moody shout.

I ignored him and continued to walk out the hall and down the stairs. I felt someone grab my elbow and turn me around. I looked up and saw Draco. His face softened once he saw mine. I didn't even realize that I was crying.

"Babe.." He said softly wiping the tears away.

I hugged him and he wrapped his arms around me tightly, and just let me cry on his shoulder.

"Kellina?"I heard someone ask.

"Just go away"I heard Draco say almost in a whisper.

"Why are you comforting her, Malfoy" It was Potter.

"Because you were too slow to get up and actually-"

"Stop" I said into Draco chest. He stopped immediately, and wrapped his arms tighter around me. "Just go away Harry" I said once again into Draco's chest.

Harry sighed and patted my back a couple of times and then I heard him walk away.

"Do you want to sit down, love?" He whispered in my ear. I nodded and we sat down on the steps, with me in his lap and resting my head on his shoulder. "Are you okay Kelly" He whispered. I nodded and wiped the tears from my eyes. I reached into my pocket and handed him his tie back.

"I'm fine" I said getting up from his lap. "Thanks, Draco" I said.

He nodded. "Anytime" He said.

I turned around and sighed. I continued to walk down the stairs to try to catch up with Harry, Hermione and Ron.