Chapter Two: Corazón de Diamante (Diamond Heart)

What are we going to do? I'm an only child and Sapphire has no eligible heirs or at least none in diamonds. I feel some anxiety and fear as I think about our situation. Sapphire makes a noise in her sleep and I look over at her, she's turned on her side and making grabby hands at me. I quietly laugh and gently pull her into a hug; we can worry about the situation later.

    I hear the birds outside my window chirping all too loudly. I sigh quietly as I know I can't go back to sleep and slowly as well as gently move out of Sapphire's hug. I smile at how peaceful and relaxed she looks, I softly kiss her forehead before leaving and heading to the kitchen. "I know we have maids but I still like to do things on my own." I think as I grab a pan out of our cabinet "I can't help but feel like I'm stealing their job though." I frown as I get the food out of the fridge. I push those thoughts out and start on making Sapphire's tea.

    She never liked how bitter coffee was but still likes caffeine so she drinks really sweet hot tea instead, I usually just drown out the bitterness with milk and sugar so I don't really taste it but still drink it for the caffeine. "We're so different yet the same. We balance out each other nicely." I think with a smile on my face as I start on the pancakes. I hum as I continue making them until I'm on like my tenth one, five for Sappy and five for me when I feel hands wrap around my waist. "Good morning Sappy." I say with a smile as I add the final pancake to her plate and she makes a muffled noise and buries her face in my back. "You're up early." I turn my head the best I can and look at her "Only because you weren't there." She looks at me and gives me a sleepy smile "I wanted to surprise you with breakfast in bed." I gently place one of my hands on hers as she lets out an 'aw' and softly kisses my cheek.

   "I made you some tea." She lets one hand leave my waist and she grabs the cup, saying thanks and taking a sip. "So how do you want your eggs?" I move my hand from hers as I grab them "Oo! Scrambled please!" She giggles and jumps a little, trying to be careful as to not spill the tea in her cup. Fae, I love her laughter. I giggle as well and start on making the food but then she stops "Let my do my happy jump." She playfully and very gently to the point I almost don't feel her shove my arm. "I didn't say anything." I chuckle as I start cooking her eggs.

   "So how did you sleep last night?" She smiles "Good since I was next to you." I blush and giggle "The eggs are already done." "Already?" I nod. "That was quick." I shrug "Time flies by when you're having fun." She giggles and helps me prepare our plates. We sit down at the table and we both take a sip of our drinks. "So..." I say as I pick at my food. "So?" Sapphire gives me a playful smile "What are we going to do about the heir/heiress situation?"