Sweetcheeks

My word this is long! Apparently my one-shots are like my books; I don't know when to quit and I'm slow as hell getting started. Anywhoooo, here you go!

I'm finally home. This week has been brutal. I'm not exaggerating, brutal. I've worked about 70 hours this week but I refuse to work weekends too, they don't pay me enough for that. I walk into our apartment, drop my bag on the floor and am immediately accosted by my roommate, Ty. I don't mind, we've been living together since college because even though we both have decent jobs, student loans are killing us.

"Damn, you're late again Mike. They're working you too damn hard."

At least he's still up tonight, I didn't get in until after midnight last night. Ty is half right but it isn't a 'they'. No, 'he' is working me hard. Mr. Sullivan seems to think that we can do a yearly budget in two weeks. Wrong. I'm home though, so I can call him by the nickname Ty and I decided on the last time I spent two straight weeks complaining about him. Or maybe it was the time before that. "It's all sweetcheeks.  He seems to think that dumping half a year of revised reports on me isn't a big deal." I open the fridge, I'm starving.

"Nothing in there, I'll order some 'za."

Nice of him to offer but "I should have ordered when I left work. Nah, I'm gonna make a pb & j." If I don't eat soon I'm going to go into diabetic shock. No, I'm not being dramatic. I grab a beer and the jelly, debating whether or not I want to wait long enough to toast the bread.

"At least it's Friday, Mike. Wanna go out?" It being Friday is why there's no food in the house. I would love to go out but honestly I'm so brain fried and exhausted that it seems more like work than fun. That said, I could really use some fun if you know what I mean. All work and no play makes a boy, well, horny. "Or you just gonna jerk off to thoughts of sweetcheeks again?"

My head snaps up from the knife and peanut butter I've been focusing on. He always reads my mind and I do the same to him; we've known each other for years, after all, but that one hit a little too close to home. "Not tonight, all I wanna do is strangle him and that won't get me off."

Ty laughs. "He's too cute to strangle. You need to come out with me, just one drink."

Yeah, right. Ty doesn't know the meaning of one. One drink or one guy. About the only thing he only has one of is this apartment and me. At least I think so, anyway. Huh. Wouldn't it be crazy if he had another one, like those guys with two families. No, see? I'm tired. "Not tonight, Ty. Tomorrow" I counteroffer.

"Fine. Well at least see if you can get a hook-up. Apartment is all yours tonight; hopefully I won't be coming back!"

Of that I have no doubt. Ty is one of the cutest twinks I've ever laid eyes on. And hands on. Of course, "you could just stay home and entertain me" I suggest.

He looks at me and smiles. "Tempting. Very tempting, Mike, but I don't think you've got it in you tonight to satisfy me" he teases. Maybe he's right. "Call sweetcheeks and invite him over."

"For the last time, he's not gay."

He flames out, giving me a hand and an eye roll and some sound that means I am very, very wrong. "As if you'd know. Seriously, how long did it take you to realize I was gay? Oh, that's right, you realized when I offered to suck your dick."

Coincidentally, that was the same time I'd realized I was gay too so don't judge me too harshly. "My gaydar has improved since then!"

Another eyeroll. "Sure it has.  The dude at the grocery store was totally hitting on you last weekend."

"He was not and besides, you've never even met Sullivan!" Ty thinks every cute guy is gay but it's just wishful thinking.

"I saw a picture and that was more than enough, Mike. He's gay. Gay gay gay gay gay. You need to tap that."