Chapter 4

Klaus had made me french toast. It was so delicious.

The whole time Finn refused to let go of my hand. Elijah cut up my food as i couldn't do it and Elijah didn't really give me a choice. Kol sat next to me and just started at me.

"So what happened after I passed out?"

"Well I throw Caroline out. Kol got his neck snapped by Damon and everyone left" Klaus told me.

"WHAT? Oh my God Kol. Are you ok?" I said as I let go of Finn's hand and checked Kol's neck. He chuckled and grabbed my hands.

"I'm ok angel" he said as he held my hands and looked me in the eye. I don't know why but in that moment I wanted nothing more then to kiss him. I pulled back and sat in my seat and looked at my lap while fidgeting with my fingers.

"Love?" I heard Klaus ask.

I was about to ask if I could go home but then Rebekah walked in.

"Hello Rebekah" I said.

'Saved by the bell'

"Oh Hello Harper" she smiled.

"Well, well, looks like our sister had fun" Kol teased.

"Shut it Kol. So how does it feel to be mated to these four idiots?"

"Mated?" I asked confused.

"We were easing in to it. . . Love do you know what a soulmate is?" Elijah said as the others glared at Rebekah.

"You mean like people destined to be together?" I asked. I had a feeling i knew where this was heading but I hope I'm wrong.

"Yes. . . Klaus is hybrid, he is half vampire half wolf which means he has a mate and vampires also have mates. . . We are mated to you" Elijah explained. I just sat there in silence.

"I-i- this can't happen" I said.

"What do you mean angel? You are our mate. Angel, just give us a chance" Kol begged.

"I'm sorry I just can't. It's not you it's me. Believe me it won't last" i have to make them understand somehow.

"Love, please-"

"I'm dying" I cut Klaus off.

"What?" All of them said at the same time.

"I'm dying. I have an illness which they can't seem to cure. No one knows how long I have left. I can't be with you"

"Love we can help-" Elijah started but I had a feeling I know what he was going to say.

"No, I'm not turning in to a vampire. I'm not ready to stop being human. . . I'm sorry" I made a run for the door and suprising I didn't get stopped.

I ran and ran til I couldn't anymore. I collapsed on the side of the road and started to cry.

Why did this hurt much?