Babysitting || SHINee Onew

"Jinki, it won't be that bad," you coax your husband to hold your three-year-old niece who is calling for a hug from her only uncle.

"No, I can't." He is trying his best to get out of it.

"We can't have children if you're going to act like this. Now I'll leave you two alone and will only come out again once you have hugged her at least once." You get up to go to your shared bedroom, leaving Onew behind with no clue how to get over his fear of children.

The toddler reaches out to her uncle, wanting him to play with her, but Onew strays farther from the confused child. This is causing distress in the child, and she starts to whimper with tear threatening to pour from her eyes.

"Oh no. don't cry Hwayoung," Onew coos at his niece.

He tries to approach her, she starts to cry. By now, Onew is about to cry himself. He doesn't know what to do. Then, something pops into his mind. He grabs a nearby toy, thinking of his dongsaengs, and plays with it, trying to attract her attention. Sadly, this doesn't work.

Onew resorts to Plan B because if there's a Plan A, there's a Plan B. He covers his eyes with his hands to play peek-a-boo, but this doesn't top the child from crying. Maybe food will work.

He places some of her favorite snacks in front of her, hoping to get a miracle somehow, and watches anxiously as she picks up the cereal bit and pits it in her mouth, only to spit it out in disgust.

"Omma. I want Omma Jinki-ajeossi."

Onew is in shock. He has never heard his niece call him this. She stands up to run his arms, but Onew gets up and runs away, letting Hwayoung chase him. This turns into a game of tag, and unfair one at least to Hwayoung. This seems to calm her down much to Onew's relief as he sits on the couch. His niece follows him with much struggle trying to sit next to her uncle.

"Jinki-ajeossi, I want Umma."

"Umma isn't here."

"Can I hug you instead?"

He hesitates but comes to a conclusion that this will make his wife happy. "Okay, come here kiddo."

He holds out his arms in front of him and Hwayoung runs into them, embracing her uncle's warmth. He lifts her up on the couch and places her on his lap. "Now what?" He looks at her.

"This is fun."

"How much?"

"This much." She extends her arms up and out, expressing her love for her uncle.

Onew is taken aback and hopes that he himself won't cry in happiness. He lies down on the couch and places Hwayoung on top of him and starts to talk to her.

"Hwayoung, did you know that Jinki-ajeossi is scared of you." She stares blankly at him. "To be honest, I'm just scared that I might drop you."

She kisses him on the top of his nose as if it's a way to tell him not to be.

"Okay, I'll try. Just for you." He sighs peacefully and falls asleep on the couch with arms around the small child on top of him.

You are quite shocked at the scene in front of her. At least he managed to reach his goal. Maybe I'll just wait till he wakes up to tell him you think to yourself. You put the plastic stick next to your sleeping husband, and silently walk out.

~~~Extended Ending~~~

Nine months have passed since Onew's had overcame his fear of children, and now he anxiously waits for his wife on the other side of a pair of taunting doors.

"Onew-hyung, it'll be okay. (F/N) is a strong girl. She can do it." Taemin is doing his best to calm his senior down.

Along with Onew, the rest of SHINee sit in the waiting room with him for the arrival of his first-born. It was surprising to the rest of the group when they found out that Onew gained confidence in being with children, much to their relief. He was very afraid while filming their season of Hello Baby. Beside the males were a new generation of shining stars, which happened to be Minho and Key's kids. It was a very happy time for the two males with having children born close to each other. Now, everyone waits for the third member of the generation.

"Lee Jinki-si," Everyone jumps out of their seats. "Your wife wants to see you."

Onew looks at his dongsaengs who tell him to grow some gut and gt in the room, which he does.

He enters to a tired-looking you, who was holding a pink bundle. You look at him and smiles. "Look Jinki."

"I see."

"Wanna hold her?"

"I don't want to drop her."

"You won't." You pass the baby to him.

"Hello egi. I'm your Appa." He points to his wife. "That's your Umma, and we love you very much."

You laugh and say, "I'm glad you ended your fear."

"Yeah me too."

Now, the Lee family can expect many happy memories and ambitions in the future