Rescue Has Arrived

Zeb had eventually realised that he wouldn't fit in a Death Trooper's armour, so he had reluctantly gave the position to Kanan and Ezra.

He did make sure that he would be the one waiting to see Kallus where he hopefully emerged from the prison.

Hera had done some digging, pulling every favour to get decent intel and she had learned that Kallus was scheduled to be transferred off of the Chimera, and into the ISB academy.

Initially that had seemed like a good thing, but when Zeb looked harder, he could see a glaring flaw.

The ISB dweebs had trained Kallus and would definitely know of his allergy to spice.

Considering how ruthless and effective Kallus had been when he was an ISB agent, and the fact he defected would not be good factors for him recovering from his stay from Thrawn.

With this conclusion, Zeb had realised that they had to rescue Kallus during the transfer, not after, and not before. His security was too strong.

He was a high value prisoner after all.

Zeb watched as Kanan and Ezra interrupted the two death troopers who were meant to pick up Kallus.

After knocking them out, they hid the unconscious bodies and quickly swapped outfits.

Now Ezra and Kanan were Death Troopers.

Albeit, Ezra being significantly shorter than most.

Zeb reluctantly went to his assigned position. He desperately wanted to join Kanan and Ezra, but he knew it would only make Kallus's position worse.

After 10 minutes of anxious pacing and praying to the Ashla, Ezra and Kanan emerged with a limp body between them.

Ezra's helmet was had gone missing - most likely he had thrown it at someone - and his face had a horrified look on it.

It soon became clear why.

As a parting gift for Kallus, Thrawn had ramped up his torture.

He still had his uniform on, but it was soaked and dripping blood.

Luckily, his uniform hid his condition from Zeb's worried eyes, but what it didn't hide, was his face.

Kanan's pupils had been destroyed, and were now a shade of white. The only other mark of his lost sense was a lightsaber mark on the bridge of his nose.

Kallus was different.

He no longer had eyes.

Instead, he just had eye sockets, which made him a suitable candidate for a horror movie's main monster.

Zeb rushed over and cradled Kallus in his arms. He breathed in the scent of the man he now loved, letting it reassure him that everything was going to be alright.

Something had happened in the rushed rescue, for Kallus was unconscious.

That was a good thing however, because looking at Kallus's right leg, Zeb noted that it was completely backwards.

As in, his knee cap had managed to put itself on the wrong side of Kallus's body, and the back of the knee was where the knee cap should be.

It wasn't pretty.

Zeb decided to worry about Kallus's health once they were safely on board the Ghost.

Kanan, Ezra and Zeb took off running seconds before bucketheads arrived. Sabine, having been prepared for this, leapt out of the Ghost an began shooting.