⚠️B.B/S.R Pt.2

The beard stays. I swear to you the beard is going NOWHERE! IDFC!

Four and a half years, it's been four and a half fucking years since Thanos vanished into thin air. Since I lost my Bucky, four and a half years since somebody lost someone. During this unprecedented amount of time I had barely ate, barely slept, barely moved from my old bedroom.

I couldn't sleep where Bucky used to be, it caused me so much pain to be there so Steve had offered to move my stuff back into my old bedroom for me. Some nights I would wake up with night terrors screaming for Bucky, Steve would always coming running into my room and sit next to me until I fell asleep again then he would leave.

Steve was so used to running to my aid, one night he had fallen asleep outside my door on the cold tile floor. As I opened up the door to get something to drink from the kitchen I almost tripped over his body. "Steve are you alright?" I asked giving his toned body a nudge with my foot. "What? Yeah I'm alright, I was just waiting to see if you'd needed me tonight." He said in a groggy tone as he rubbed his eyes and eventually stood up.

You would think he'd be clean shaven by this point.

"I was just gonna get me a glass of water." I said shakily while rubbing my arms for some heat. "I'll go get it, you get back in bed you've got goosebumps." He laid his large hands on my forearms trying to warm me up. I did as I was told, laid down and covered up.

How cold does Stark keep it in here anyways?

I thought to myself as I curled into a ball trying to find some sort of heat. That's when Steve walked in to see my whole body under the heavy blanket I kept on my bed. "Is anybody under there?" He pulled the cover back to reveal my smiling face. "Nobody worth finding." My smile weakened when my brain thought of Bucky again. "You'll always be worth finding y/n." Steve rubbed my arm and set the glass on the table letting his hand linger on my forearm.

Steve stayed by my side until he thought I was asleep. Just as he got up to take his leave back to his room I barely squeaked out. "Steve?" The door was opened as he turned to look at me. "Yes?" I shifted to sit up and held my arms out to him. "It's fucking cold in this building." A shiver went down my spine and I hid myself under the covers again. "Can you sleep with me tonight?" I asked. Steve looked into the hallway then back to me. "Sure, anything for you y/n." He shut the door and crawled into the bed with me and covered us both with the duvet. I turned and laid my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me and it felt.... right. It felt as though he was meant to here in the bed with me, like he wasn't meant to be anywhere else but here. Then it dawned on me.

Am I falling for him?

Do I love him just as much as I love Bucky?

Maybe its just my lack of human contact finally getting to my brain.

Is it though? Be honest with yourself.

All these questions ran rapid through my head with no definite answers to them. "Steve?" He hummed in response, it took me a minute to find my words before I spoke again. "Is it possible to love two people?" I looked up at him as his eyes fluttered open slowly and looked down at me. He didn't answer for a while which made me very anxious waiting for his answer. "It's a stupid question forget I said any-"

"It's possible, I don't know anyone personally but, it's always a possibility to love more than one person." He let out a sigh and closed his eyes again. Damn it. I slither my hand up to his bearded cheek and scratch at it. "Look at me Steve." His eyes opened up and I was suddenly captivated by his blue eyes in the dim moonlight, the way his lashes complemented them perfectly, the way his cheekbones framed his face astonishingly, the way his pink lips curved into a small smirk as I held his cheek in the palm of my hand. The feelings I have for Bucky are the same feelings I have for Steve.