2

I exit the boardroom hastily.
It has been two days since the night of the warning and we have no leads to whoever might be the one assisting my parents' murderer who should be dead.

Yes. He is or should I say was dead.

I saw him die with my own eyes, as did Mia (the one who killed him).

A hand on my shoulder pulls me out of my thoughts.

I turn around to see Anastasia and Kaden, my future Gamma and Beta respectively.

"You okay, Chloe?" Kaden asks, his voice laced with worry.

I shrug Anastasia's hand off my shoulder and stop walking.

"I still think this is the work of the witches." Anastasia says avoiding my gaze.

"No. The Witch Queen Emalyn gave us her assurance that they were not involved in this. And I believe her." I say coldly.

"You know what? Let's take our minds off this. Movies? Ice cream?" Kaden says trying to lighten the mood.

I'm up for a breather. It's been days since we got out of this crampy castle.  Kasey decides to add.

I internally roll my eyes at my wolf.

"You guys go ahead,I need to check on pack matters." I say.

"No. You've been cooped up in here long enough. Let's go."

Anastasia gives me no time to respond to her as she starts pulling me towards the exit.
Kaden chuckles and follows.

These two annoy me to bits sometimes, but I know that they're only doing what they think is best for me.

"Lawrence, we won't be needing guards thanks." Anastasia yells at the group of five guards who were trailing after us.

"It is under the regent Alpha's instruction that we protect and watch the Alpha Princess, future Gamma Anastasia." one of the guards says.

"Okay, how about you follow from a distance? It would be more dangerous if everyone sees Chloe and us with an entourage." Kaden inputs.

"Yes, future Beta Kaden." Lawrence says.

The guards disperse and conceal themselves in the foliage of the forest.

"Let's shift. It's faster that way." Kaden suggests.

"Why not?" Anastasia and I say simultaneously.

We all strip off our clothes in a bush and tie them to our ankles.

Nudity isn't an issue with us, as werewolves. Besides, nothing we've never seen.

I hear bones cracking as Kaden shifts first into his big brown wolf that matches his hair. His bright green eyes scout the area for anyone looking at something they shouldn't be seeing.

Anastasia shifts next, her skin being replaced by pure white fur that is a complete contrast to her raven black hair. Her wolf is beautiful with her brown eyes indicating that she is in control.

I am the last to shift. Thick, silvery grey fur replaces my skin as my bones crack and twist. The first few shifts are unbelievably painful, but as the years go by, it becomes more bearable,it can be compared to popping your knuckles.

My wolf towers over Anastasia's and Kaden's, making them show their necks in submission to me.
I give them a firm nod, satisfied at their respectful gesture.

What? They may be my friends and second and third in command, but I am still their Alpha.

Let's go.  I say through the mind-link.