i love you

"Y/n? Y/n?? Are you okay?" George says and I come back from my day dream. I realize it's still sunset, we're still holding hands, but we didn't kiss or confess our love for each other like I thought we did. "Y-yeah I'm okay, t-thanks" I say completely flushed at the fact that none of that ever happened. "What were you thinking about?" he asks. "Uhh, it's nothing important, I just have a lot of things going through my head." "Hm, maybe I can help with that." He says and takes me to a dock at the park. He talks to who I think is probably the owner of the boats and he covers my eyes with his hands and he brings me to a small boat. It even reminds me of the one from Rapunzel. "Surprise!" He says with a smile. "It's beautiful" I say and we help each other get in. We end up in the middle of the lake since this park is right next to it, watching the sun go down. Suddenly, fireworks start to over the sky in gorgeous colors. I rest my head on George's shoulder and whisper "I love you". He asks "Wait- what did you say?" "N-Nothing! That the fireworks are really pretty!" We look back at them. I can't believe I almost ruined our friendship. After the fireworks, we head back to  the empty spot where we watched the sunset. "There you guys are! We were crazy looking for you guys!" says Clay. "Yeah, we thought you got kidnapped, haha" Nick continued. "Sorry, I just took y/n for a little surprise, but we're alive, ha" George told them. We walked back to the car and George drove us all home.
George POV
I couldn't stop thinking about it all night. Was I hearing wrong or did she really say that she loves me? I really like her, but I don't want to seem pushy, or anything. I think about her all the time. Why can't I just go up to her and tell her "hey, I've liked you the day I met you". Ugh I'm hopeless. I have to find a way to tell her, but how??
Y/n POV
What if he actually heard that?? I mean it's not like I'm lying and he could maybe think I meant is as a friend, right? Why is this so hard? I don't want to push him into liking me. Maybe I can find a way to know if he likes me or not. Maybe I can ask Clay about it, he knows George more than I do.
- The Next Day -
I texted dream for advice and he said he had an  idea. He's going to play with George on Minecraft on VC and he said that he could bring me up to their conversation. Maybe dream already knows what George thinks of me.
- Dream POV -
Pffffffft. It was so obvious that both of them have feelings for each other. It's completely undeniable to not notice how George is ALWAYS looking at her when we hang out as a group. And he literally talks about y/n whenever him and I talk. And y/n is always smiling when George comes into any room.
Y/n gets nervous around him. It's just obvious. But it'd like to be the matchmaker that makes them see that. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Y/n POV -
Clay texted me at 4:32 and said they were playing at 7:15. I've been nervous this whole time and it's only 6:30. He told me to go in 10 minutes before. The LONGEST hours of my life. I was finally calming myself down when my alarm went off.
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
Anddd all my anxiety is back. Great. I quickly join the server and VC. "Are you ready?" Clay asks me. "Y-yeah, of course" I say. He joins. "Hey GEORGEEEE" Clay suspiciously says. "Hello dream, so what are we doing today?" George asks. "Well I just wanted to hangout and talk" "Sure dream" he says, and Dream literally kills George. i hOlD In mY LaUgHtEr. "DREAM WHAT THE HELL??" George yells, and dream laughs uncontrollably. "I'm sorry, I was just playing. Anyways, how have you been??" "I've been GREAT dream" George says, I can tell he's being sarcastic. "Yeah, OKAY. So how are things with y/n?" Says Clay. George sighs and says. "I haven't stopped thinking about something she said at the fair we went to yesterday. And she seemed off when I asked her about it." George tells Clay. WAIT. HE DID HEAR ME. Oh god. What if our friendship is ruined now?! I keep listening to what he says next.