Happier II Cagney Carnation x reader

Author's Note: So, this was actually based off of the song Happier by Marshmallow ft. Bastille. I hope you enjoy it.

Today was Cagney and his beloved's anniversary. He was very nervous, but he acted like he wasn't.

When the time came for his beloved to meet with him, he was a big nervous wreck.

He kept thinking about how mean he was to you when you first met him. All the rude things he said, all the terrible actions, and yet you still loved him.

Truly, you deserved someone better. Someone who would make you happier.

Yes, that's all he wanted for you- to be happy. And yet, he felt like he could never make you feel that way.

When you finally arrived, he was amazed. You wore a dazzling soft blue (or any other color) outfit (dress or suit) that complimented your skin and looks.

"Hey, Cagney, ready for our date?", you excitedly exclaimed.

"Yeah...", Cagney mumbled, not quite sure if he was mentally prepared.

Time Skip (Cause your author is a lazy piece of crap.)

At the table, you and Cagney stood in silence.

This was odd. Cagney was never this quiet before.

As Cagney played with his fork, you finally decided to speak up.

"Cagney, are you all right?"

Hearing his name made him come to an abrupt stop, looking at you.

"What? Nooo... I'm all right." Cagney lied, playing with the bowtie of his suit.

You gave him a look that indicated you didn't believe him, which finally made him confess.

"Well, I've always felt bad about how I treated you when we weren't dating, and I thought that perhaps you would be better off with someone els-", he was cut off by your hands firmly on his.

"Cagney, look. No other person can make me feel this good like you do. I don't care what happened in the past, because that's behind us. And besides, no one can compare to you!", you gently stated.

"R-really?", Cagney softly asked.

You nodded yes, whilst giving him a kiss on the tip of his nose.

After that little talk, you two decided to go home early in order to be together in a more, private setting.

Now, Cagney has fulfilled his dream of making you happy just by knowing it.