Barbecue

Authors note

Hi, I'm sorry that I haven't updated this story in a while. Many things have been piled on top of me lately and I found it difficult to balance writing into that pill. I hope you can understand and that I will be able to get back into writing.

Y/n's POV

We won the first set and now on our second. The score currently is 19-20 to us. Karasuno was tough to play. They were really close to winning the first set. "Nice Kojima-san!" I yelled out.

The ball went up in the air and Sakura ran after it. "F/n!" she yelled. I ran up to the net then jumped as high as I could. I brought my arms back, and once the ball was the right height, I whipped my arm like a whip breaking through the two blockers arms. "Nice Kill!" My team cheered out while gathering up in a  little circle.

"Nice job f/n," Sakura said to me. "It's only because of your tosses," I smiled back to her as we walked to our positions.

the match ended and we ended up winning, YAY! We thanked the boys for the game and got ready to head out. "Hey, is everyone free?" I heard the boy's coach ask all of us. We all just nod back confused to where this was going.

"So coach Yoko and I were thinking if you guys would like to get some barbecu-" before he could even finish, me and Kimiko yelled out in excitement. "BARBECUE!" We jump up and the other laugh at us.

Me and Kimiko slowly put down our arms in embarrassment and awkwardly laughed. "So it's final, we're going to eat barbecue," coach Yoko said and we all finished packing up our stuff.

Time skip.

We walk into the store and sat down on a table. Kimiko sat on my left and a boy from Karasuno on my right. We all placed our orders and started to make conversation. Kimiko was talking to Karasuno's libero on her left, leaving me and the boy on my right quiet.

"You're really good," the boy said, making my sight land on him. "Thanks," I say shyly. "You're good at setting too," I compliment him. "Thank you," she replies and we both flashed small smiles.

"So, what year are you?" I ask. "Oh, I'm a first-year," he responds. "Oh, me too," way to make things awkward. "What middle school did you go too?" He asked shifting his sight to me. "I attended to Shiratorizawa," I say. His eyes lit up like he was shocked but also confused.

"How come you didn't go to their high school?" He asked. My smile faded away. "It's a long story, let's just say I didn't make it," I say facing away from him. "Sorry," he apologised softly, obviously noticing my change in emotion. "No, no, it's fine," I face him again reassuring him.

"I'm l/n f/n by the way," I stick out one of my hands, signalling for a handshake. "Kageyama Tobio," grasping my hand and shock it.

"So, what middle school did you go to?" I asked Kageyama. "I attended Kitagawa Daiichi," he responds. "Ah, that explains," I say carrying in with my food.

"So... how long have you been playing volleyball?" He asked me. "Ever since I could walk basically," I tell him. "My older brother started playing when he was three then a year later I was born, So I basically grew up with the sport since our bond is so close," I further explain while stuffing my mouth with delicious barbecue. "That's cool," he chuckled making me slightly blush.

"You know, I wasn't always a wing spiker," I tell him after taking a sip from my drink. He looks at me with interest. "I used to play libero because I used to be so short," I face him. "I mean, I always wanted to spike, but since I was so short they never let me do it," I explain. "Then in middle school, I had a major growth spurt and now I'm here," I chuckle going back to eating. Kageyama chuckled as well.