Prologue

Key for the story (more may be added later):
(Yn) - Your Name
(Mn) - Middle Name
(Ln) - Last Name
(Ec) - Eye Color
(Hc) - Hair Color
(HL) - Hair Length
(Ht) - Hair Type (Curly, wavey, straight, etc...)
(Fi) - First Initial

Life was difficult to say the least, living as a young child on the streets by yourself was not easy by any means. You could barely survive, living mostly off of what you could beg for and whatever scraps you could find from the garbage cans, you made your sad life halfway decent. You lost your parents when you were young; so you have little to no memory of them.

For all you know, you've been living in the streets your whole life... Well, aside from the few years at the orphanage, that place may as well have been hell on earth with how the kids there were treated. So once you were able, you ran away at the age of six, which was about four years ago.

Now being nearly eleven and barely making it through the year was one thing during the nicer months, winter, on the other hand... was a different battle. You barely had enough food or clothes to keep you warm during the warmer ones, but during the winter it was near impossible. Some days you had to be physically inside of a dumpster or garbage can just so you wouldn't lose any fingers or toes from frostbite.

You were thankful that it was beginning to heat up, because that meant less days in a dumpster in a pathetic attempt to keep yourself warm. You probably smelled positively revolting, but you couldn't smell it because you were accustomed to it. You would do your best to try and stay somewhat decent, but that proved very difficult. But every once in a while when you had to go out from your little "home", which was just a cardboard box in the back corner of an alleyway, you would panic at what people would think of you, and suddenly you'd smell strange.

It wasn't a bad strange, you just somehow smelled clean. You thought nothing of it the first time, but when it happened more than once you began to question it. Not out loud, or actually try to figure out why, but you just wondered how.

You thought you'd never get answers until one day an owl swooped down near your little place and dropped an envelope which glided down gently in front of you. The owl stayed towards the front of the alley. They don't usually fly this time of day... do they? You knew a few things from what you were taught at the orphanage, but not as much as most kids your age knew. Cautiously, you picked up the envelope. Your eyes widened as you read who it was addressed to. What in the blue blazes? Who knows where I live, let alone exactly what I live in?

Ms. (Fi). (Ln).
The Largest Cardboard Box in the Alley
16, Alleyway.

You stopped reading and looked up at the owl who just stared at you. You shakily turned the envelope over and opened it. Your eyes widened as you read it. A Witch? Magic is real? You didn't know how to react. How am I supposed to pay for this? You weren't sure what the day was, but you were sure you were to turn eleven soon. At least that's what you think... you didn't know your real birthday, so, your birthday was determined as the day you were brought to the orphanage. June twenty-seventh.

Many tried to find your real birthday, but none were successful. They await my owl...? You looked back up at the bird. You decided to respond to the owl's sender. Inside was another letter, which was a list of the things you would need. You figured you should keep it. You gave your response back to the owl, and it looked back at you almost expectantly.

You didn't know what to do; you didn't have anything for it. You searched around you for anything you could possibly give the creature, and when you found nothing you looked at the owl, smiling sheepishly. When the owl saw your look, it took off. You stood from where you were sitting. Where am I supposed to get all of this? You shrugged, and everyday for the next few weeks you tried to figure out where you could get this stuff, but you couldn't find anything, until July thirty-first.