Chapter 16

We quickly walk back to our seats as Emily feigns pain from her injury to make our prolonged bathroom trip seem more believable. I grab my cardigan from my bag and wrap it around myself quickly. I help Emily lower herself into the outside seat and she tries to hide a wince. I know our little stunt in the bathroom was not good for her side and in retrospect, should not have happened. Emily grabs her computer out of her bag and starts to do some work as I grab my paperwork from my bag. I look over at Reid and JJ and find them both looking at us suspiciously.

"What?" I ask.

"Just wondering why you guys took so long," JJ says. I open my mouth to answer but Emily responds before I can.

"My stiches ripped a bit and Lil had to help stop the bleeding," She says patting her side to emphasize her point. I nod in fake agreement and squeeze her thigh with my hand. I decide to get a little bit of payback for her teasing in the bathroom and slowly rub my hand up and down her thigh, climbing higher and higher with each pass. Her breath hitches and her hands pause on the keys. I smirk at my paper and rest my hand near the apex of her thighs. Every so often, I brush my pinky on the seam of her jeans and she sucks in a sharp breath. Each time, I leave my pinky there for longer and longer. The next time I do it, I move my hand so that I'm able to rest my hand against her heat. She shivers and I know my teasing is working. I'm feeling a bit bolder. I take a quick look around to check and see what everyone is doing and find that they're all preoccupied with their paperwork or computers. I slowly rub my ring and middle finger against her and smirk when I hear her let out a barely audible whimper. I pick up the pace and continue my assault against her. I glance over at Em and see that she is biting her lip and has her eyes closed. I keep going and move my fingers faster against the seam of her pants while she tries and fails to act normal. I stop abruptly and she lets out a small noise. Emily looks over at me and I give her a look that says whatcha gonna do about it. She takes out her phone and angles it away from me as she types something. My phone buzzes and I have a message from her: <You shouldn't have done that, I don't like to be teased.> I text her back and say: <Paybacks a bitch> with a wink on the end. She wiggles her eyebrows at me and I stifle a laugh. I check my watch and see that we have about 45 minutes left in our flight. Emily goes back to her work and so I decide to nap. I rest my head against the back of my seat and fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the feeling of being gently shaken and open my eyes to find Emily looking at me.

"Rise and shine, Lil," She says. "We're home." I nod and yawn before quickly packing my things away. We all get of the plane rather quickly and get into the car. The drive back to the BAU feels shorter than usual and I am grateful. We make it back to headquarters around 7:00 pm and say our goodbyes before going our separate ways. Emily and I head down into the parking garage to get my car. For once, Emily ubered to work instead of driving so we don't have to worry about the car situation. I grab her bag and toss it in my backseat along with mine. She hops in the passenger side as I start the car. We chat lightly back and forth until we fall into a comfortable silence. We reach my apartment building around 8:15 and we are both exhausted. Emily and I decide to grab her stuff from her place tomorrow and to just lay low tonight. As we walk through the lobby and into the elevator, I find myself thinking back to girl's night the other weekend. I smile and let out a small laugh.

"What?" Emily says playfully.

"Just thinking about the last time you were at my place," I reply with a wink. She laughs and steps closer to me. She gently grabs my face and places a soft kiss against my lips.

"Oh were you now," She says with a smile and kisses me again. Emily wraps her arm around my waist right as the elevator dings signaling we're at my floor. We take the short walk to the end of the hall, still linked, and I open the door into my place. Emily starts to walk in but I freeze in place.

"Lil?" She asks. "Is everything okay?" I tentatively step into my apartment.

"It feels... off... in here," I say, peering around my front room. I reach into my bag and grab my gun. Emily raises her eyebrows at me.

"Woah, Lil!" She says. I put my finger to lips to signal her to be quiet. She nods and grabs her gun too. I start to scan my kitchen and living room while she goes through my room and bathroom.

"Clear!" I say, waiting for her response, but all I get back is silence. I start to creep towards the back half of my apartment when I hear her.

"Clear, Lil. But you might want to take a look at this," She calls. "I'm in your bathroom." I tuck my gun into my back waistband and head into my bathroom. I look at Emily.

"What is it," I say and then look at my mirror. The words 'Long time no see, kitten' are written on it. My breath hitches and I slowly back away from my bathroom. As soon as I'm out the door, I rush into my bedroom and start packing up my essentials. I throw extra underwear, shorts, work clothes and whatever else I might need in a small duffel. I hear a cough and look up. Emily is standing in my doorway confused. I zip my bag up and grab her arm as I exit my room. I quickly step back into my bathroom to take a picture of my mirror before I head back into my main room. Emily tries to say something but I cover her mouth and shake my head. We leave my apartment within 10 minutes of arrival. Once we are back in the elevator, I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Lilith what's going on?" Emily asks me. "I'm worried and very confused." I ignore what she says and fidget with my ring.

"Can you text the team and tell them to meet us back at the BAU. It's urgent," I say.

"No," She says firmly. "Not until you explain." I shake my head.

"Not here Em, it's not safe," I say nervously. She looks at me a moment more and then sends a group text to the team. The elevator dings and I hurry us through the lobby and then into the parking garage. As we walk to my car, I quickly check under to make sure it's safe before getting in. We get in and I immediately lock my doors. I floor it out of my building and speed to the BAU.