27. Moral of the story

A/n: The new update is up. Sorry for the delay. The book is coming to an end. Hope you all enjoy it. I have got an exiting surprise for you guys. Answer is in the next chapter. Vote, comment, and share.

Lots of hugs,

Illusionist.

"Hold on tight. Don't let go," he yelled, over the wind.

My hands held onto his stomach, as I felt his muscles relax. That makes one of us because I am freaking out here. Why didn't I just tell him that I hate bikes in the first place? I shut my eyes tight, and placed my head against his back, and tuned out everything else.

The only person I ever sat behind in a bike was Tyler. No, don't go there.

"You can let go now," he said in a soft voice.

I opened my eyes and let go of him. As I was getting down, I tripped over my leg and lost my balance. His hands, out of instinct, caught my waist, stopping my fall.

"I -" My eyes connected with his deep blue eyes, and I found myself getting lost in them.

His gaze shifting to my lips. I found myself doing the same thing. Looking at his plump, perfect, kissable lips. I leaned closer, wanting to reduce the gap between our lips. Just a little bit more, and -

"There you go, falling for me again," he said with a smirk, causing me to jump back.

I wiped my sweaty hands on my jeans and tucked a few stray strands of hair behind my ears. It was weird. This side of him, the fun-loving, sweet, side of him. Is he the same guy?

"I think Izzie is waiting for you, and she might kill me if you're late," he chuckled.

"Ya, I should go. Thanks for the ride," I glance awkwardly at my feet.

He pulled me in a hug and whispered against my ears "Tu es l'amour de ma vie." He kissed me on the cheek, his mouth lingering there for a minute, before chuckling to himself and walking away.

I don't know what he just said, but fuck me if that wasn't the sexiest thing I have ever heard. I felt breathless, I was acting like a love-sick puppy, and I didn't care.

There was a tiny part in my brain that was bugging me. What about Coral? And what about our break-up? Am I over what happened with Damian?

No, not today. I am going to enjoy this day and this feeling, and I'll deal with the rest later.

-----------------------------

"Your assignments are due next week. They constitute half of your final grade." Our Literary theory professor informed us as his class ended.

"Miss Hart, a word please?" Mr Halden called out to me. He was a man in his early 40s and was also a remarkable writer. He worked previously as the editor-in-chief for a top publishing company in New York but decided to retire early and go for teaching.

"Yes, Mr Halden?" I signalled to Oli that I would catch up with him.

"So Sara tells me that you have a knack for writing?" He asked, leaning against his desk.

"Sara?" I scrunch up my eyebrows in confusion.

"Oh right, you probably know her as Dr Thorpe," he laughed and replied.

"How do you know her?" Sara Thorpe, huh? I've got to be the dumbest person. I mean who doesn't know their doctor's first name?

"She's my fiancé. We decided to move here from New York when she got a job at the hospital," his eyes lit up at the mention of Dr. Thorpe.