Six

"Jieun, open the door" a voice came from outside as the girl hopped out of the couch before opening the door. In front of her was Jaehyun who was looking extra handsome today.

"Are you ready?" He asked as the girl nodded her head. Of course, she was ready. After all, it's their private date, once again for publicity. But she didn't want to think of it as an act for public attention. Instead, she thought of it as something where she would spend time with him.

"I can't believe that we're doing this" he murmured low enough for her to hear as the girl nodded with a bitter smile. She knew how much the male hated this and honestly she couldn't blame him. He had to spend time with someone whom he didn't even love in the first place. That wasn't the same case Jieun tho.

"Let's get this over with," he said as he put on a fake smile before opening the door for her. Sliding in he started the engine and soon they drew off to a restaurant reserved for them, knowing very well that a bunch of yellow newspaper reporters was following them.

"This is probably gonna be the last fake date we'll have to attend." He said as she hummed looking out. She didn't want to get reminded of that every time they hung out. Especially now since she's afraid that she had fallen for him. Someone she wouldn't get as her boyfriend.

"Why aren't you replying?" He asked as she was snapped out of her trance.

"What should I say? You're happy right? That's what it all matters." Jaehyun hummed before turning towards the right heading straight to the specific restaurant. Throughout the rest of the ride, both parties kept silent. Once they reached the place Jaehyun opened the door being the gentleman he is, keeping an eye on the paparazzi as well.

"This way sir," said one of the waitresses as both of them were led to a seat which was decorated according to their wish. Jaehyun drew out a seat for Jieun making the staff coo at the action while the girl cracked a smile. She would be lying if she said her heart didn't skip a beat at the action. Jieun was trying to remove these unnecessary feelings but Jaehyun was making it harder for her.

It's illegal, she thought. The way Jaehyun acts, the way he does things, the way he's built, everything was illegal at this point. Jung Jaehyun is annoyingly perfect and it bothers her too much. If only she could find a flaw in him in order to use that as an excuse to move on.

"What would you like sir?" The waitress asked as Jaehyun ordered before looking at Jieun who was spacing out.

"What would you like ma'am?" The waitress asked but Jieun seemed to not be paying attention. Rather she was busy thinking about how she should get herself a break from these feelings that seem so suffocating.

Jaehyun sighed rubbing his temple before snapping fingers in front of her. He has noticed that the girl had been spacing out too much recently and it's bothering him as well. Jieun wasn't like this when he met her first. What had gotten into her?

"Jieun what would you like?" There was a bite in his voice as the girl murmured a sorry before placing her order. Once she was done jotting down the items needed, the waitress went back to the kitchen. Jieun leaned forward to grab a cup of water only to be stopped by Jaehyun who seemed to be having a soul-piercing stare.

"What happened to you Jieun?" He asked as the girl sighed before removing his hands from her. Jaehyun's eyes widened at the action.

"It's nothing"

"I don't think it's a simple 'nothing'. Something serious happened to you. Tell me"

"Like I said it's nothing Jaehyun. And even if it's something serious it's none of your business." She snapped back before slumping back towards her chair. The staff who were clearly enjoying the drama that was unveiled in front of them decided to record it.

Jaehyun, however, was taken aback by Jieun's response. Normally the girl is calm but Jieun didn't seem to be in her normal state today. She was overthinking about something and having spent time with her for the past month Jaehyun could clearly tell. She was obviously tensed. However, he decided to not push the topic any further, letting his eyes roam around the place.

"Sir your order is here," said the waitress as she placed down the food with Jieun diving into it within a glance not sparing the male a look. Sighing Jaehyun ate his food as well occasionally throwing glances to the girl. Once they were done they both got out of the place, getting inside the car and driving off to her house.

The rest of the ride was silent and Jaehyun put on his playlist in order to avoid the awkwardness inside the car. Honestly, the silence was suffocating him. Though Jieun was clearly not the talkative type as far as he remembered she initiated the conversations between them. And with her snapping back there was no way that she would be talking anytime soon. It made him feel empty but he hoped he'll get used to it.

Once they reached her house she got out immediately not even sparing a glance towards the male. She stopped midway turning back to him who seemed to not start his car as if he was expecting this. Unknowingly a smile crept to his lips when he saw her walking towards the car, the sound of her heels clinking heavy.

"Here take this" she took off the bracelet he gifted her for her birthday before handing it back to him. Jaehyun looked at her confused before looking back at the bracelet which was supposed to be a gift from his side.

"Why are you giving this back?"

"Cause it's yours," she said bluntly earning a chuckle from Jaehyun. Seriously what happened to the smart girl he knew? It won't take two brain cells to know that he gave this as a gift for her to keep it forever. But here she was returning the gift back.

"God Jieun I gave you this as a gift. For your birthday. It's yours. Not mine."

"I don't care."

"But I do care. Besides you're practically returning the gift back to me as if I had done something wrong. C'mon Eun, don't act like a five-year-old. Take this back. Besides, why do you even want to return it?"

"Cause I don't want anything to remind me of you" she murmured under her breath hoping that it would go unheard. It didn't and Jaehyun couldn't help but shake his head as he looked at the girl.

"You're really weird you know. Plus I won't take it back no matter what you say." He said before waving at her starting his engine, not even bothering to say goodbye to her. Jieun clutched the bracelet while watching Jaehyun's car disappear around the corner.

Once she was sure that the male was far away from her house she ran inside throwing herself into the couch, crying. She cried and cried until there were no more tears left. At the beginning of this fake act she really thought that she would be able to act along without having feelings involved but soon she found herself falling for the male. It hurt her to watch him act like she wasn't even an acquaintance. Right she was just a client for him and due to some unfortunate turn of events, he was stuck with her having to act as her fake boyfriend.

Even she herself doesn't like to have feelings attached to anyone nightstands she had but Jaehyun proved to be different from them. The male was able to make her fall for him.

She looked back at the bracelet that was starting to lose its shape due to the grip she had on it.

"I fucking love you Jung Jaehyun" she cried while clutching it close to her chest.

Meanwhile, Jaehyun was called to SM entertainment where he was not surprised to see Lee Sooman. The old man was sitting in the chair while going through some papers. Upon seeing Jaehyun he hopped up from his seat before moving forward to him.

"Ah, Jaehyun you came" Jaehyun nodded taking a seat. Sooman went back to his seat as well arranging some files before looking at the male.

"Why did you call me?" The idol asked as Sooman chucked before saying.

"I have some things to discuss with you."

TBC
Okay so you just have to suffer me for like one more chapter and an epilogue which I can guarantee is like really boring. Imao. But thank you to all of you who supported me and voted ❤❤