CHAPTER SIX

Aurora couldn't stop staring as Hermione walked down the stairs into the entrance hall beside Ron Weasley and Harry Potter. She looked so stunning and bright, it would be like removing your gaze from a star. She was pulled out of her gazing when said star stopped right in front of her, a smile on her face.

"You ready?" Hermione asked excitedly. Aurora nodded, lifting the small basket she had gotten from the kitchens house elves.

"Where are you going?" Ron Weasley asked. Looking between the two. Hermione turned to him, arms crossed. 

"I told you just a few minuets ago that I'm going for a walk with Aurora. Harry, you heard me, right?" She turns to the green eyed boy, eyebrow raised. 

"Yes, Mione, I heard you. It was difficult not to, you kept going on about it. Honestly, Ron, how didn't you hear her?" 

"See? Please try and keep up, Ron, honestly."

"There is too much going on around here. How's anyone expected to remember everything." Says Ron, sighing and moving his glance to Aurora. "Say, Snape, whats in the basket? Is it food?"

"Yes, got it from the house elves in the kitchen. Perks of being a Hufflepuff, I suppose." Aurora said with a small smile. She didn't know Harry and Ron all that well, so she felt rather shy around them.

"Can I come along? I'm starving and lunch isn't for another hour!" Ron sulked. Aurora looked to Hermione, worried that their 'quality time' would dissappear, but to her relief Hermione had other ideas.

"You most certainly will not. This is a girls walk." Hermione huffed. The boys gave each other a look, prompting Hermione to reach for Auroras arm and drag her out into the courtyard.

"See you later!" She called over her shoulder to the boys watching them leave.

They had agreed last night to follow Auroas suggestion to walk around the Black Lake and Aurora was incredibly pleased with that. It meant more time to be with Hermione and privacy from others interrupting their walk.

"I'm sorry about them. Ron can be quite a child sometimes." Hermione says with a familiar fondness as they leave the castle grounds. 

"You're lucky to have them. They seem great." 

"They really are. But it's nice to have a break from their male ego sometimes." she laughs. "All they want to talk about is the war." She sighs, frowning down at Auroras hand. 

"Speaking of, Umbridge has been a real pain recently. Its preposterous to not teach us to defend ourselves against dark magic, its the whole point of the class for gods sake. Ron and I have been urging Harry to teach some students defense spells in case You- Know-Who ever comes to the school. Would you be interested in that by any chance?" Hermione inquired, tilting her head to the side in that cute way she always does it.

Aurora agreed with Hermione when it came to Umbridges incompetence and she felt a tingle in her left hand where the words starred back at her from beneath the bandage, covered by her long sleeve.

"Would you be joining too then?" Aurora asked, hoping the answer was yes so that she would have even more time to be with Hermione.

"Of course! I want to be able to defend myself if need be and if Umbridge wont do her job, I certainly don't want to be the one who cant help herself." Hermione said firmly. "How's your hand doing?" She asked on a more serious note, looking down to Auroras still bandaged hand.

"Its getting better, still hurts a bit, but I'm sure it will hardly leave a scar, don't worry."

"Maybe your dad can heal it again just to make sure?" Hermione asked, an concerned look on her face.