Chapter 5

Eddie's POV
---

"Chaos!" Yelled Venom. He stopped only a few feet away. Chaos turned and grinned a smile as bad as his name.
"Ready to lose your your human?" He asked. We had ran from the hospital to him. He was destroying Japan Town. Something (y/n) had described as her "little slice of heaven". Taking away something else she loved.
"Why are you here?"
"I wanted your attention. I'm here for you, Venom. I need you just like I needed Azlin."

Needed? I repeated. Why would he need her?

I felt Venom's anger surge. Without another word he punched Chaos in the stomach. Instead of fighting back like we expected, he ran. Venom chased him.

Why are you going after him? It's a trap, Venom.

Azlin. Was all he said back.

(Y/n) POV
----
The news helicopter followed them. The lady reported what they did.
"The monsters are running. One seems to be chasing the other. It's hard to say what's happening but we will follow and keep you guys updated."
---

The news copter tried to follow as fast as they could.
Seeing Chaos run was strange. He attacked us without hesitation when we first met. Now he runs? Somethings not right.
"I love Japan Town. We won't be able go now." I mumbled.
"I've been there a few times. Nice place." Dan was using his break to stay and watch the news with me. I didn't know him very well but having some company made me feel a little at ease.

Eddie's POV
---
We followed him up and down the San Francisco streets. He was headed for the bridge that led to Oakland. The same bridge he hurt (y/n) on.

Venom stop!

We need him to tell us where she is.

But he's leading you into a trap. Why would he run from us?

Venom growled and came to a stop at the beginning of the bridge. Luckily it was closed for repairs. We wouldn't have a repeat of last time. The news helicopter was finally catching up to us. We could hear the police in the distance. I'm sure (y/n) was anxiously watching.
"Why did you stop?" Chaos asked.
"Why are you running?" I could hear her laugh at that question.

(Y/n) POV
---
Had I not been so nervous hearing Venom say that would have been funny.
"Dan?"
"Yeah?" He answered with a full mouth.
"Ever seen that video when the man goes, 'Why are you running?'" I asked. He shook his head.
"No."
Ugh. He's boring.

Eddie's POV
---
"We asked a question."
"I'm taking you to her." He answered
"No one we're looking for is that way." A laugh erupted in him but it wasn't Chaos laughing. It was whoever was inside him. He stopped at a lone car in the middle of a bridge. I had questioned why it was there before but it made sense now.
He flipped it over and held up the symbiote container.

Azlin!

The container was like one from The Life Foundation.
Sigh. Why wouldn't that place go away?

Venom roared and started running but stopped when Chaos began to squeeze the container. The glass cracked. Not enough for her to slip out.

If he breaks it she won't be hurt. She'll only end up escaping. So what's his plan?

"I know she won't die if I break this container. No, I'll absorb her into me. That's the plan."

"You wouldn't!"

"I have the power to do so, Venom."

Then why hasn't he?

"Why wait for us?" Chaos smiled again.
"Because everything is better with an audience." He crushed the container. Venom tried to get to Azlin before she was absorbed but he couldn't make it.

He grew 3 times in size. His claws became longer, his smile wider. Part of his skin took on her white and grey-ish colors. This was the horror show that he wanted us to see.
"Can you still fight me knowing that she is also within?" He asked. It was a nightmare in the making and the answer was-

(Y/n) POV
---
Say no. I thought.

Eddie's POV
---
"Yes." Answered Venom.
Chaos grabbed the car and threw it at the news helicopter. He landed a hit to the side. It went down behind a mountain.

(Y/n) POV
---
The news feed cut out. Would they really fight him when she's there too? He said yes before Chaos killed the helicopter. It was horrible watching her being taken in like that. He was a monster and now she had no choice but to participate in whatever he does next. I tried to get up.
"Where are you going?"
"To them. He can't fight her. Azlin is in there too."
"Is Azlin your alien friend?"
"Yes. Please, Dan."
"I'm sorry, (y/n). I can't let you go. You can't leave the hospital in your current state. Think of Eddie."
"I am! Ugh."
"You see that? Raising your voices hurts, you can't do anything until you get better."
"You sound like Eddie. I need to help them. I need to help Azlin."
"Sorry, (Y/n). If you keep acting up we'll have to use extreme measures to keep you here." I settled back into bed.
"I hate it here."

Eddie's POV
---

Should we help them? I wondered.

Azlin first.

She'd be fine for a moment. They could die.

Azlin first!

Venom.

"I know (y/n) is alive and was watching. She's too strong for her own good." His voice began to morph. I could hear the clear ring of a woman. Was that Azlin? No. Her's was softer and not as cold. Not much bass in her voice either. No this, this was the woman he was using. She seemed to have some control. I was starting to believe that she was a willing host.
"Who is your host?" Venom asked reading my mind.
"I wanted her to see Azlin and I become one. I hope she enjoyed."
"Who's your host!"
"Eddie, when you saved your girlfriend, how do you think Azlin felt?"
"Answer us!" Venom yelled.
"She was happy that you saved her host but was sad to see she wasn't a priority to even hesitate over. You jumped in right after her. But poor little Azlin didn't get a second glance."

Is that how she felt? Between the two it would seem obvious who we would save.

"We had no choice. She would have died."

"That was the plan! She almost had me killed. You and her destroyed my research and stole my alien. Azlin was my test subject and you took her."

Dr. Morg!

"You are the doctor that wanted to kill (y/n)."

"Chaos." Chaos receded into her. Dr. Morg smiled but it wasn't one of happiness.

"I've been trying to find you two for awhile. They took me from the foundation, the government shut it down, took all of my test subjects, and moved me to a different country. There I had more failings. But I'm back and brought Chaos with me." I wanted to have a face to face with her. Venom gave me control.
"It's nice to see your face, Edward."
"Eddie."
"I know you don't understand but I need Venom. He's essential to my plans at the foundation."
"No."
"Azlin is strong but she's not enough."
"You brought us out here to watch Chaos fuse with Azlin and then ask for Venom? What is wrong with you?"
"I have nothing left because of the four of you. Your girlfriend became Azlin's host, filled her head with these wild ideas." She spit the words out as if they disgusted her. "The tests I was able to do to her before today shows a complete turn around in behavior. I wanted to use her to be cold, hard. A monster in the making but now she gives off thoughts about not liking to kill and not hurting anyone."
"She never liked killing. She escaped from you for that very reason."
"She hopped from body to body, draining them of life. I think she did enjoy it. But now she's different. She's like Venom."
"How would you know?"
"Every touch between Venom and Chaos tapped into both of your memories. You're all hopeless, good people. As if you don't have the power to being the world to its knees "
"You're insane."
"I'm not insane!" She yelled. She regained herself. "I want to be civil about this. So I'll ask nicely. Please hand over Venom. He still technically belongs to the foundation."
"No."
"We don't have to fight. We can do this like humans instead of wild animals."
"We said, no." I let Venom take over.
"Fine." She sighed. "Chaos will reign victorious in the end. We will have-"
"Venom too." Chaos finished.